Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 23rd, 2011, 07:14 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Default Star Princess rating etc

Hello my friend and I are thinking about taking a cruise ex San Fran to Mexico 2012.on the STAR PRINCESS....can anyone let me know how you rate Star Princess etc or been on recently...would love an up to date briefing on the STAR ! food nightlife cabins etc...
thankyou so much !! cheers !!

pussycat at sea (or soon to be !)
Sponsored Links
Old October 24th, 2011, 08:30 AM
First Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by pussycatatsea View Post
Hello my friend and I are thinking about taking a cruise ex San Fran to Mexico 2012.on the STAR PRINCESS....can anyone let me know how you rate Star Princess etc or been on recently...would love an up to date briefing on the STAR ! food nightlife cabins etc...
thankyou so much !! cheers !!

pussycat at sea (or soon to be !)
We though the Star to be just as good as any of the other Princess ships - Emerald, Grand, and although not a new as the Ruby still quite comparable. The nightlife is what you make of it on all Princess's ships & in comparison to Carnival or RCCL pretty calm. I doubt if you'll be disappointed with the food since there's something to please everyone available.
Old October 24th, 2011, 10:55 AM
Welcome Newcomer

thanks alot Rich C sounding good...have sailed Saphire and Diamond both excellent..think we will take the plunge : ))

cheers from pussycatatsea
Old November 10th, 2011, 06:34 PM
Familiar Face

Having sailed both Star and Sapphire, we personally preferred Sapphire. While there are many similarities, there are also differences. For example, getting around Star was a bit more chopped up as there were times you couldn't access decks without going far aft to catch an elevator...weird. Also, I loved, LOVED the large laundry facility on each deck on Sapphire and was disappointed when I saw only two washers/dryers/irons on each deck on Star. I also found the Explorer's Lounge on Sapphire to be a bit more cozy than Star.

With that said, however, Star Princess had the International Cafe and Vines, which was not on Sapphire last summer.

All in all, I think we just fell in love with our first Princess ship and compare others to that.