Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 25th, 2011, 12:24 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Default First Cruise Booked for Spring

I've never really been anywhere. I live in WI and not counting going to my neighboring state, IL, I have only been out of state once. That was 16 years ago. I took a train too. So I've never flown. I am going on my first ever real vacation this spring. My mom and I are going on the Ruby Princess to the Eastern Caribbean for 7 days. I am in my early 30's and my mom is near 60.

I guess what I want to know is anything and everything from your experiences. Any fave food places? Any fave food? Any recommendations for excursions for someone my age and my moms (no swimming or scuba diving)? I think my mom just wants to take the week to relax and isn't too concerned about doing a ton of things. Any suggestions for just relaxation on the boat itself? I don't even know what to all take. Especially since I have never been on a plane. How much can you fit in your suitcase for being gone so long? We plan to rent a hotel room the day before we port and the day we get back, FYI. So 9 days of 'stuff'.

Ok well, that is all for now, I guess. I'm sure I'll think of other questions as ppl write their comments.

Thanks!!!!
Sponsored Links
Old October 25th, 2011, 12:48 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Welcome to Cruisemates, your to go to place for everything cruising! Congratulations to you and your Mom on your upcoming cruise. Tell us your ports so we can be specific with port info. Is it Lauderdale or Miami for pre/post stay?

Once you book your airfare got to their website, to get specific baggage regulations. Some will give you each a free bag, but make sure to compare, as others with fees, could still end up being cheaper. Pack with pieces that will mx and match..very easy to do 9 days the way.

Speak with your travel agency about getting travel insurance, a must do, for peace of mind, in case anything happens.,this will include trip interruption,and baggage insurance..Go to insurmytrip.com, and, enter you pertinent info, to get side by side price comparisons. Make sure if there is a pre exisiting condition, you enter that as well. The small amount you will pay, is priceless.

More info to come.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old October 25th, 2011, 01:03 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Thanks!!! Flight is already booked and so is hotel. We are porting from Lauderdale.
Old October 25th, 2011, 01:15 PM
Admiral

Standard St. Thomas St. Marten & Nassau itinerary? Grand Turk?

Old October 25th, 2011, 01:27 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Princess Cays, St. Maarten, St. Thomas, Grand Turk
Old October 25th, 2011, 01:55 PM
Admiral

In st. Maarten , you can tour the butterfly Farm...Butterfly Farm - Home do the America's Cup Regatta...St Maarten America's Cup Sailing 12 Meter Sailboat For Cruise Passengers Visiting St. Maarten . This excursion, Mom can relax onboard, while you partake in being a sailor for a day.

We did a semi sub tour here and watched the sea life swim by us...Nice because you didn't actually go under the water, but you could do that on an Atlantis Tour and really go under. Loved what we saw! An island tour here, is wonderful to experience two cultures on one island.

On St. Thomas, you can go up to Paradise point on a tram..chdck out this youtube video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5c8oRyX7ZLo

You could also go to the mountain top...Mountain Top St. Thomas, Virgin Islands.
The best banana daiquiri around and enough hot sauce selections to make you sweat!

Grand Turk...just veg...a beach, a pool, a Margarittaville,and shops