CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Princess Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/princess-cruise-lines/)
-   -   sanctuary (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/princess-cruise-lines/385753-sanctuary.html)

poppadock October 31st, 2011 03:37 PM

sanctuary

what do U think of the sanctuary area on princess ? :cry:

Golden1 October 31st, 2011 03:55 PM

I have only experienced it on the Crown. The pool was very small and everytime I went up there to relax, I found it was also very crowded. Especially on Sea days. That would not stop me, however, from trying it again on my next Princess cruise.

Trackypup October 31st, 2011 04:42 PM

Loved it. We did it for 2 1/2 days on Coral through the Panama Canal. Coral and Island Princess Sanctuary comes with it own private pool which is very nice. If I had a lot of sea days, I'd consider getting it for the whole cruise. I never really saw the point until I tried it.

johnthed0g October 31st, 2011 04:45 PM

We couldn't even get into it on the P&O equivalent, willing to pay 40 a day for the pair of us to get an uncrowded sun bed on all the sea days on a 28 night cruise...even though you "can't pre-book it" it was sold out ...OK for some I say...

runatasha November 3rd, 2011 08:02 PM

My Caribbean Princess experience in Sanctuary was great. However I must mention that I used to visit it mostly at the sunset time: no people except me, pleasant environment, soft lightening... al in all one of the best features of finishing the day

RichC November 4th, 2011 05:34 AM

Overpriced and unnecessary. We always fine a lounge chair that suits us somewhere, maybe not as comfortable but still acceptable for our needs.

johnthed0g November 4th, 2011 06:27 AM

We just can't stand the hassle of getting a bed in a crowded area, is that towel just left or does it belong to a gorilla? beds 6 inches apart, if you want a bed near a pool to cool off that is what you have to do.

Dave.ca November 16th, 2011 12:39 PM

If you're a reader, it's truly a sanctuary from the noise (people/music) just about everywhere else on the ship. The free flavoured water, the ability to order your lunch brought to you (service charge), all add to the experience. While not for everyone, if any of the above appeal to you, you might want to check it out. You can book a half day if you're not sure. Do show up at least half an hour before opening to book your spot or you will find all the limited spaces taken.

Very disappointed to learn there is no sanctaury aboard Sapphire Princess, our next trip. Three sea days and no sanctuary!

Spartan kent November 16th, 2011 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave.ca (Post 1401648)
If you're a reader, it's truly a sanctuary from the noise (people/music) just about everywhere else on the ship. The free flavoured water, the ability to order your lunch brought to you (service charge), all add to the experience. While not for everyone, if any of the above appeal to you, you might want to check it out. You can book a half day if you're not sure. Do show up at least half an hour before opening to book your spot or you will find all the limited spaces taken.

Very disappointed to learn there is no sanctaury aboard Sapphire Princess, our next trip. Three sea days and no sanctuary!

We used the sanctaury a lot on Azura in March, the daily charge included a light lunch served at a table in the sanctuary the only extra was drinks from the bar that they would bring to you. Just been on Crown Princess the sanctuary was the same layout as Azura just a little to cool to be laying outside until we got as far south as Charleston however used the thermal suite every day and the pool to exercise, swimming against the current :D

johnthed0g November 16th, 2011 04:57 PM

About the only shadow over our cruise last Xmas was not being able to use the Retreat (Sanctuary), I admit to being a bit cross to find it was fully booked when we tried as soon as we could.

poppadock November 16th, 2011 06:56 PM

sanctuary

So the sanctuary sounds like a winner. :p