Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 1st, 2011, 04:33 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Princess/St. Maarten - Circle Island Tour & Orient Beach Break

Has anyone done this tour on Princess? I would like to stop in Marigot and still go to the beach, but it seems this tour only "drives through" and doesnt stop there. Can anyone confirm this for me?
Sponsored Links
Old November 1st, 2011, 07:37 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

What is the time frame there?? It may well be, that there isn't enough time to stop at the beach?? Have you thought about just doing one or the other?? My last trip to St. Maarten, was not a full day, we did one excursion and didn't have any time to walk through town.. Just something to check out...Our shortest time was in Nassau, ship left at 3:00 and they stated that in the past, this was one island they have left passengers behind.

Message Boards Moderator
Old November 2nd, 2011, 08:35 AM
Admiral

what does the excursion description say, and as Donna said what is the time frame for the excursion? Orient Bay Beach is just a short cab ride from the pier
Old November 3rd, 2011, 04:38 PM
Cruise Maniac

Forgive me, I should clarify - It seems it only passes through MARIGOT and doesnt stop there to give people time to shop before it goes to Orient Beach. Does anyone know if this excursion actually stops there?
Old November 3rd, 2011, 04:56 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Honestly, in this port, don't book it with the ship...walk off the pier,and make arrangements with a cab/van, and arrange your own tour..They will drop you off at the beach,and come back for you. They do this all the time. This way, you decide where you go and how long you stay.

Marigot is wonderful, with little cafes and shops,and a small craft market. Be prepared for higher prices on the French side.

Every time we have cruised here, our stay has been a long one , like till 6.00, which is usual.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator