CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Princess Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/princess-cruise-lines/)
-   -   Celebrity Cruisers Return From Emerald (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/princess-cruise-lines/385949-celebrity-cruisers-return-emerald.html)

richsea November 10th, 2011 04:02 PM

Celebrity Cruisers Return From Emerald

We are Elite Captain's club members on Celebrity & just returned from our 3rd Princess cruise on Emerald Princess, a 10 night Caribbean, & all we can say is, WOW!!! What a perfect cruise!

The service was superb, the food was delicious & the crew was great. While we enjoyed our 1st 2 Princess cruises (Crown 2006, Emerald 2008 ) enough to purchase a future cruise certificate on board, we did so mainly because Princess offers a longer Caribbean fall/winter season with more choices. But on this sailing we were so impressed with the level of service, the friendliness of the crew, the entertainment (which we did always think was better than Celebrity's), but was even better this time. The Beatle Maniacs show was almost as good as Broadway's "Rain"!

And we're pretty sure that our next Princess cruise will be even better, considering that we won't have to endure the cigar smoke from our neighbor's balcony as we did this sailing, when the new Princess smoking policy takes effect in January!

We've always thought that Celebrity felt like home to us, & still do, but I think we found another home!

Mike M November 10th, 2011 05:51 PM

Thanks for your impressions of your Princess cruise. I have never been exclusive to any cruise line. Each one has something different to offer and it's nice to branch out.

It's been five years since I've sailed Princess. I think I'll have to look at them for 2013. I've got too many booked for 2012 and I don't think I could afford another one. ;)

I'm glad you had a great time.

Take care,
Mike

silverbolt November 11th, 2011 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by richsea (Post 1400884)
We are Elite Captain's club members on Celebrity & just returned from our 3rd Princess cruise on Emerald Princess, a 10 night Caribbean, & all we can say is, WOW!!! What a perfect cruise!

The service was superb, the food was delicious & the crew was great. While we enjoyed our 1st 2 Princess cruises (Crown 2006, Emerald 2008 ) enough to purchase a future cruise certificate on board, we did so mainly because Princess offers a longer Caribbean fall/winter season with more choices. But on this sailing we were so impressed with the level of service, the friendliness of the crew, the entertainment (which we did always think was better than Celebrity's), but was even better this time. The Beatle Maniacs show was almost as good as Broadway's "Rain"!

Glad to hear you enjoyed the Emerald to the Caribbean. We were on the same ship just one trip before yours (ours was to the South) and we totally agree with your comments.