CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Princess Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/princess-cruise-lines/)
-   -   When is the worst time to go (Spring Break) (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/princess-cruise-lines/387166-when-worst-time-go-spring-break.html)

SueZ January 19th, 2012 03:26 PM

When is the worst time to go (Spring Break)

HI all,
Can you tell me when to avoid taking a Princess cruise, as far as the Spring Break hoard? I have taken 4 Princess cruises and for the life of me cannot remember when my last one was. I am pretty sure it was in April and we just missed the huge crowds. Can you tell me the worst time?
THANKS!

SueZ January 19th, 2012 03:34 PM

I just remembered last time we went, it was April 10th to the 17th and we had just missed the mad rush of Spring Break. That was 2 yrs. ago. Do you think that still applies?? THANKS!!!!

Donna January 19th, 2012 03:40 PM

Good time to go is late Feb., if not then, try April. The spring breaks should all be finished by then. You can usually tell by the prices, the high spring break time will be high and as you see the price lower, its the end of it.

john_galt January 19th, 2012 07:32 PM

I booked the Grand for March 31 in an effort to dodge the kids. We did the same week last year and it was fine.

Trip January 19th, 2012 10:05 PM

Pretty much all of March will cover spring breakers, who have vacationa at various times. I'll be in the thick of it..3/17..pray for me:) lol

Snoozeman January 20th, 2012 12:34 AM

I've sailed on Princess during spring break once. If you have to choose a line they are the best. Princess hires extra security (it was a group from Canada) that specializes in young adult situations. It went very well actually.

Truck Cruiser January 20th, 2012 02:12 AM

Our first cruise was on Princess and we mistakenly booked during spring break. Most of the kids were pretty decent and there was alot of eye candy! If you are a party type then no problem but if you like peace and quiet I suggest cruising the first 2 weeks of December b4 the Holidays.

sunluva7 January 21st, 2012 01:57 PM

If you are asking about college spring break, it depends on the campus calendar. Our kids' spring breaks were all different, ranging from the end of February to the end of March. For the most part, though, I would avoid the middle 2 weeks of March. Or cruise a line with an older crowd - Holland America, etc.

DeepSpace January 24th, 2012 01:46 AM

We are sailing on the Star on 4/3 to 4/13 out of San Francisco, not many Spring breakers I hope......

SueZ January 24th, 2012 06:05 PM

HI John. I will be on the same cruise!

RichC January 24th, 2012 06:22 PM

Even in mid April they'll be maybe 100 kids on board for some ships. Many more on 7 day trips compared to 10 day. They trail off quickly after the end of March.

john_galt January 24th, 2012 06:27 PM

Cool! We met people through Cruisemates last year and had a little sail-away get together. Click on the name beside my picture and you can send us a message if you would like to meet on board. 66 more days!