Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 22nd, 2012, 09:47 PM
Familiar Face

Default Vancouver Limo Service???

My Family is taing a cruise on Princess out of Vancouver in Late july. We are flying in the day before and are staying at the Pan Pacfic. our group will have 10 people with 3 kids. We were thinking a limo service would be best to get the group of us from the Airport to the hotel.

Anyone have any suggestions/recomendations as to which service to use. There seems to be quite a fw companies to choose from.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!
Ed
Sponsored Links
Old February 26th, 2012, 02:18 AM
Welcome Newcomer

Hi Ed

I live in s sunurb of Vancouver and can tell you that you can just grab one of the limos waiting outside the airport and they will take you downtown for about the same price as a cab. If you want to save money however you can take the new Canada line rapid transit line that was built for the olympics and it will take you from the airport and drop you off at a terminal downtown that is a short walk from the Pan Pacific. (About 1/2 a city block.)
The Pan Pacific is a beautiful hotel but very expensive!!

Right across the street is a food court that has other cheaper eating alternatives for you. Vancouver is a great town, if you have time go to the aquarium, and gastown.

Enjoy your trip.
Old February 26th, 2012, 11:30 AM
Admiral

I would agree , that walk out and hire a limo right at the airport without a reservation. I everyone can walk I suggest that you take the Canada Line downtown and walk the 1/2 block to the hotel. The limo could take anywhere from 30 - 60 minutes to get downtown depending on traffic. The Canada Line is a quick 20 min ride and was designed for people to travel from/to YVR with luggage. All stations have elevators and escalators to get to ground level. When I stayed at my Dad's we took the Canada to the airport .

Ships Sailed:

SS Ithaca , Volendam , Mariner of the Seas (x2) , Veendam , Coral Princess , Island Princess (x3) , Emerald Princess,Sapphire Sapphire (x3),Diamond Princess
Old February 29th, 2012, 12:32 AM
Cruise Maniac

Lightbulb Consider Seattle airport

A friend who has cruised 38 times told me it would be cheaper to drive down to Seattle. At first I thought, "Why do that after making a port call in Seattle?" but I remembered a place I want to go back to is the Museum of Glass is in Tacoma, so why not go to that and then up to Sea-Tac and still pay no luggage fees. Of course someone who starts a cruise in Vancouver can do what my sister did: fly into Seattle and drive from there to a hotel in Vancouver. Now I understand that would take much longer, but if it saves you a lot of money on airfare, the extra travel time might be worth it. Just an idea.

Doopy I just noticed we will be cruising to and from the same ports at almost the same time next year. Which ship are you sailing on?

Looking forward to cruising!

Read and post cruise reviews

Old February 29th, 2012, 08:30 AM
Admiral

we are booked on the Star in 2013. Our 2012 cruise in on the Sapphire. Both are to Hawaii.

Ships Sailed:

SS Ithaca , Volendam , Mariner of the Seas (x2) , Veendam , Coral Princess , Island Princess (x3) , Emerald Princess,Sapphire Sapphire (x3),Diamond Princess
Old March 20th, 2012, 03:10 PM
Welcome Newcomer

if you are looking for vancouver limo services, I will suggest you Exotic Limousine. They are among top limo hire companies in Vancouver, it possess a well experienced team for management and chauffeur staff having vast experience in their respective field.

Thanks

Last edited by selenagomez; March 20th, 2012 at 03:17 PM.