Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 29th, 2012, 10:46 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Embark 11:00 p.m. Princess Caribbean

I will be sailing on a ship which leaves the first port at 11.m. Will they offer anytime dining on the first night or have shows, etc. Will everything start at 11:00 p.m. or is the schedule the same as if leaving at 5:00 p.m.?
Sponsored Links
Old March 1st, 2012, 12:21 AM
Cruise Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden1 View Post
I will be sailing on a ship which leaves the first port at 11.m. Will they offer anytime dining on the first night or have shows, etc. Will everything start at 11:00 p.m. or is the schedule the same as if leaving at 5:00 p.m.?
Everything will go on as it normally would as if you left at 5pm (or earlier/later). They will have anytime dining, the shows etc...

I'm assuming you are leaving out of Puerto Rico? On the sailings I took that left that late did have a sailaway "party" but it wasn't as busy as those that left at 5pm, but it's still fun.
Old March 1st, 2012, 02:51 PM
Cruise Maniac

Thank you for your reply. Yes, I am sailing out of PR. I'm not sure what time check-in ends. I am staying over the night before and figured Iwould enjoy a half day in Old San Juan before going to the ship. Great to know everything is the same as earlier embarkation.
Old March 1st, 2012, 05:31 PM
Cruise Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden1 View Post
Thank you for your reply. Yes, I am sailing out of PR. I'm not sure what time check-in ends. I am staying over the night before and figured Iwould enjoy a half day in Old San Juan before going to the ship. Great to know everything is the same as earlier embarkation.
Check-in usually ends 90 minutes - 2 hrs prior to sailing. The ships have to provide homeland security with a passenger manifest 1 hr prior to sailing.

Although I never done it, I know some people will check in to the ship to get their luggage on the ship, get key cards etc... then leave the ship and explore PR and just get back on prior to end of check-in.

And muster is usually around 8pm or 8:30 and if anyone misses it, they usually have another the following morning. I'm not sure if they changed that policy any after the Concordia incident though.
Old March 1st, 2012, 06:37 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

In San Juan, with late departures, you can also check in for the ship, and then go off and spend the day doing whatever you please.
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old March 5th, 2012, 04:08 PM
Cruise Maniac

That is a great idea except that I think the port she is sailing out of is out of walking distance from Old San Juan.
Old March 5th, 2012, 06:12 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter

Kuki beat me to it....

I don't know, but I believe the other port is still pretty close (three miles) and there are taxis that are probably not too expensive. I would personally prefer to check in and have my luggage aboard and then go out to see the city.

I think it will pretty hard to sight-see with your luggage. Maybe your hotel will keep it for you until the end of the day, however.
Old March 5th, 2012, 09:06 PM
Cruise Maniac

I am staying at a hotel in Old San Juan the night before. They will hold my luggage the next day. If I went to the ship, I'd have to taxi to the ship, check in, taxi back to Old San Juan and then taxi back to the ship. A little too much, I think. I will probably check in a little earlier on the ship than I thought now that I know that the entertainment on the ship is the same on an 11:00 p.m. departure as a 5:00 p.m. departure. Boy, I cannot wait to get there!!