Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 10th, 2012, 11:19 AM
Welcome Newcomer

Default Golden Princess - 14 Day Hawaii Question

We're travelling on the Golden Princess 14 day cruise to Hawaii. I called Princess to find out when the three formal nights are. They told me this information is not available until the day we cruise. I'd like to know so I can schedule hair appts. in advance. Has anyone taken this cruise and can you tell me which nights are the formal nights? Princess did tell me that the formal Captain's reception is usually the second night of the cruise. Can anyone confirm this? Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old March 10th, 2012, 11:48 AM
First Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ps4125 View Post
We're travelling on the Golden Princess 14 day cruise to Hawaii. I called Princess to find out when the three formal nights are. They told me this information is not available until the day we cruise. I'd like to know so I can schedule hair appts. in advance. Has anyone taken this cruise and can you tell me which nights are the formal nights? Princess did tell me that the formal Captain's reception is usually the second night of the cruise. Can anyone confirm this? Thanks!
Most likely the second night is formal. The others might be moved around a bit.
Old March 10th, 2012, 04:45 PM
Familiar Face

Can't say specific to this cruise but usually formal nights are on sea days or nights where you depart a port in the afternoon.
Old March 10th, 2012, 05:27 PM
Familiar Face

We went last year and they changed the last formal night two days before it was orginally scheduled so when princess tells you that it is not decided until the day you leave they are right. Had a great time and you should enjoy the 14 days