Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 23rd, 2012, 01:54 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter
Default New Royal Princess Entertainment Venues

New Royal Princess Entertainment Venues

The innovative Royal Princess entertainment venues include a live television studio with audience.

The new onboard Princess Live! television studio
The beautiful Royal Princess, a completely new top-down ship design for Princess Cruise Line - is slated to arrive in June of 2013. The new Princess ship will provide 3600 passenger berths on a ship of 141,000 gross tons. She is currently under construction at the Fincantieri shipyards in Monfalcone, Italy.

Princess has been releasing details about Royal Princess slowly and teasingly for months now, mostly through online video presentations you can watch online. Two of the most recent videos discussed the entertainment venues and their décor.

Princess Live! The TV Studio

The most interesting new entertainment venue by far will be the brand new "Princess Live! Television Studio." Although neither daily television shows nor T.V. production rooms are new to cruise ships, this will be the first ship with a dedicated live television studio, including an audience, to tape daily cruise shows for onboard broadcast. The room has a modular design, much like a regular television studio, so staging and seating areas can be easily reconfigured to suit a variety of entertainment offerings.

Read more: New Royal Princess Entertainment Venues
Sponsored Links
Old May 25th, 2012, 07:36 AM
First Mate

It appears to be something a little different BUT if their morning show is going to be any thing similar to what's televised on the other ships it'll be a total flop. Who wants to sit there & listen to an hour long Princess commercial & have the Patter read to me?
Hopefully their program director/Cruise director will come up with some different and more interesting content.
Old May 25th, 2012, 11:23 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter

I guess we will see. Either that, or they are banking on the naivety of certain cruisers who will just sit feeling like they are in a real studio audience - like David Lettermen?

It will be a trick to stop crying babies, or funny when you suddenly hear Aunt Martha saying, "well, I gotta run back to room, those prunes from the buffet are starting to work!"

NO, seriouly, I am just having a little fun. If the CD has to do it then I am sure other people will be required to do it and they will come prepared with upbeat presentations on ports of call, spa details or that night's dinner. Princess is going to have to hire a chef for his speaking skills.

It actually IS a good idea to be able to get more information into people's cabins. I have seen some ships where I felt the dissemination of information was sadly lacking.