CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Princess Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/princess-cruise-lines/)
-   -   Holiday cruising (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/princess-cruise-lines/390410-holiday-cruising.html)

poppadock July 8th, 2012 02:12 PM

Holiday cruising

Why would U want to spend time cruising on the holidays than be at home ? Thanksgiving, christmas, new years. :cool:

anniegb July 8th, 2012 04:55 PM

Just guessing, you may have no family or you want to avoid the stress or the family fights that may happen or of course you may want some sunny weather.

In other words how long is a piece of string?

Annie

poppadock July 8th, 2012 07:05 PM

holiday cruising

Yes all of what U say may be very true.

aerospace July 8th, 2012 07:48 PM

Or bring your family?

Spend 6 hours cooking or 6 hours at the pool and then family goes to dinner on the ship. Who is going to pick option #1 lol

KDGodwin July 9th, 2012 01:54 AM

I have my mom's side of the family, my dad's side of the family, and my in-law's side every holiday, every year. None of them want to change their plans so we can all get together for one... I've even offered to host it and do all the cooking at our place!! So I have considered a holiday cruise as an excuse to just be us one holiday. What a thought.... :rolleyes:

poppadock July 9th, 2012 12:24 PM

holiday cruise

KDgodwin; Select a princess holiday cruise for all, & if all the family comes all will be in one place together & all will have a beautiful time cruising on the holidays. good luck.

poppadock July 9th, 2012 12:28 PM

Aerospace; option one is no option.

BigMac July 9th, 2012 02:23 PM

I traveled last Thanksgiving. Almost all my extended family is gone so holidays are just my wife, daughter and myself.
My reason to travel on a holiday... dishes. Thats pleanty of reason. Take a cruise or do the dishes.

I would rather be on vaction that getting together with what's left of my family any time hands down!

poppadock July 9th, 2012 05:55 PM

holiday cruising

Bigmac; dishes, cooking & cleaning also weather just to get away from it all is great. To cruise for one or two weeks is the best. LOL

RichC July 11th, 2012 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by poppadock (Post 1437269)
Why would U want to spend time cruising on the holidays than be at home ? Thanksgiving, christmas, new years. :cool:

Thanksgiving yes but Christmas & New Years a definite NO WAY. To many kids, the ships are totally filled and the prices are the highest of the year. Cruise before and after those periods & it's great.

poppadock July 12th, 2012 05:56 PM

holiday cruising

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichC (Post 1437866)
Thanksgiving yes but Christmas & New Years a definite NO WAY. To many kids, the ships are totally filled and the prices are the highest of the year. Cruise before and after those periods & it's great.

RichC, yes U R right we cruised last christmas & the ship was full of kids, but we still enjoyed our cruise. When it is time for my wife & I to board the ship we can only think of the cruise & the good time we will have. Stoping at the ports R great, we love to cruise. Other people kids ? well what can I say live & let live we all was kids at one time. :-?

RichC July 13th, 2012 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by poppadock (Post 1438093)
RichC, yes U R right we cruised last christmas & the ship was full of kids, but we still enjoyed our cruise. When it is time for my wife & I to board the ship we can only think of the cruise & the good time we will have. Stoping at the ports R great, we love to cruise. Other people kids ? well what can I say live & let live we all was kids at one time. :-?

Yep, that's true but when I was a kid my vacation might have been a trip to Jones beach or a dip in my uncle's pool. We amused ourselves & even the thought of going to another country wasn't remotely conceivable except in books.

poppadock July 13th, 2012 01:31 PM

holiday cruising

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichC (Post 1438180)
Yep, that's true but when I was a kid my vacation might have been a trip to Jones beach or a dip in my uncle's pool. We amused ourselves & even the thought of going to another country wasn't remotely conceivable except in books.

Yes, your uncle had a pool my uncle had no shoes :( 2012 people seem to have more money today what can we do cruise & enjoy.

busterboy September 7th, 2012 09:45 PM

We booked on the Island Princess over Christmas to the Panama Canal. Why because it sounds like so much fun getting away for Christmas. There are a lot of things planned to celebrate Christmas on the ship. The fares are very reasonable for the 10 day cruise plus they give you an on board credit to spend anyway you please.

Chuck1j November 28th, 2012 08:38 AM

There is nothing like a Holiday Cruise. This will be our 8th Xmas at sea. Yes the Kids there are a lot of Kids. the good thing is that Princess puts GREAT Kids programs together to keep them out of everyone's hair. The ones that choose to cause problems have to deal with Youth Security brought on specifically for the Holidays. I have seen families put off the ship because they refused to rain in their Kids.

poppadock November 28th, 2012 02:41 PM

holiday cruising

It's nice to hear from U busterboy & also U chuckj --to the both of U, do enjoy your holiday cruise. ;)