Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 25th, 2012, 12:06 AM
Welcome Newcomer

Default Should I book righ now? Thanks very much!

Hi everyone! I appreciate everyone who watches this thread and gives my some advice
I am now planning to book Ruby Princess which sails on Dec.16.2012 for my parents and I, but my father still can't set his schedule and he hopes to buy the last minute ticket. We've never sailed Princess, and I know there are so many Princess experts here, so I hope if someone so kind could give me some advice. Thanks again!
Sponsored Links
Old August 25th, 2012, 12:58 AM
Captain

Put down a deposit to lock in the current rate, if it lowers before final payment date you can have your travel agent rebook at that price.

When my NCL cruise for December went down in price my agent simply called NCL and they added an on board credit for the difference, meaning we didnt even have to rebook.

BOOKED: Holland Oosterdam May 25; 7N ship, 4N Anchorage, 6N Denali, 5N Denver
11 cruises in 2012, 90 nights at sea visiting 15 countries
8 cruises in 2013, 56 nights at sea visiting 7 countries
Old August 25th, 2012, 04:44 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

I would certainly try to book as soon as possible, especially if you want a certain date and cabin or cabin location. The longer you wait, the less you will have to choose from. I love cruising on Princess, 24 hour Horizon Ct., great food and service...

Message Boards Moderator
Old August 25th, 2012, 01:55 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna View Post
I would certainly try to book as soon as possible, especially if you want a certain date and cabin or cabin location. The longer you wait, the less you will have to choose from. I love cruising on Princess, 24 hour Horizon Ct., great food and service...
Thank you Donna! Actually I really want to book ASAP, but the problem is my father still can't assure the trip. Balcony cost kind of high so there is a little risk of cancel this trip. My opinion is just book one cabin for my wife and me, and if my parents have a matched schedule, they can book a last minute ticket. Is it possible? Thank you again!
Old August 25th, 2012, 02:11 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerospace View Post
Put down a deposit to lock in the current rate, if it lowers before final payment date you can have your travel agent rebook at that price.

When my NCL cruise for December went down in price my agent simply called NCL and they added an on board credit for the difference, meaning we didnt even have to rebook.
Thank you aerospace! The final payment due seems a little early to me, my father even can't make his schedule in the early Dec.....That's so sad
Old August 25th, 2012, 03:13 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Final payment will be due in less than a month. If you cancel after final payment you will lose some or all of your money. You can purchase "Cancel for any reason" insurance but that can be a bit expensive and will not give you a "full" refund.

If your father cannot set his schedule then I would wait until he can and hope there are still cabins available. Or you can book and if he can't go then he loses the money.

If the cruise was six months later I would tell you to book and lock in the price but with less than one month to go before final payment I would advise you to wait.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old August 26th, 2012, 04:29 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike M View Post
Final payment will be due in less than a month. If you cancel after final payment you will lose some or all of your money. You can purchase "Cancel for any reason" insurance but that can be a bit expensive and will not give you a "full" refund.

If your father cannot set his schedule then I would wait until he can and hope there are still cabins available. Or you can book and if he can't go then he loses the money.

If the cruise was six months later I would tell you to book and lock in the price but with less than one month to go before final payment I would advise you to wait.

Take care,
Mike
Thank you Mike!
My planning trip is on Dec.16, a week before the holiday cruise. And now my plan is just book one cabin now, and wait till my father set his schedule then I can book another one, whether balcony or inside. Do you think this possible? Since I am a little afraid of Ruby so popular that I cannot get a cabin at that very late time.
Thanks!
Old August 26th, 2012, 05:34 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by hy6356 View Post
Thank you Mike!
My planning trip is on Dec.16, a week before the holiday cruise. And now my plan is just book one cabin now, and wait till my father set his schedule then I can book another one, whether balcony or inside. Do you think this possible? Since I am a little afraid of Ruby so popular that I cannot get a cabin at that very late time.
Thanks!
It's a gamble no matter what you do. Cruises do sell out but since it's not the Holiday Cruise the chances of "something" being available is better but still a risk.

I would light a fire under Dad and let him know what he's risking by not getting his schedule set.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me