CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Princess Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/princess-cruise-lines/)
-   -   Island Princess (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/princess-cruise-lines/391729-island-princess.html)

busterboy September 7th, 2012 09:50 PM

Island Princess

:)Has anyone cruised on the Island Princess? We are booked on the Christmas Cruise to the Panama Canal and back to Ft. Lauderdale. It is a 10 day cruise and sounds like a lot of fun with a lot of Christmas Cheer on board.
How are the theater shows..guess they are all the same on the cruises.
Been on the Ruby Princess twice and saw same shows a year and half apart.
Last cruise was on the Ruby Princess Jan 1012 so hope not to see the same show a third time...if so will skip.
Love Princess Line and Holland American Line the best of all the cruise ships we have been on.
Thanks for any infomation you may offer.

Kuki September 7th, 2012 10:01 PM

It's been a couple of years since I sailed the Island Princess. LOVED the ship. One of my favorite Princess ships!

Mike M September 7th, 2012 10:26 PM

Island and Coral Princess are two of my favorite Princess ships. They were actually designed for Alaska and the Panama Canal. The size is perfect and have some very nice cabins.

I know you will love the ship and cruising the Panama Canal.

Take care,
Mike

RichC September 8th, 2012 07:11 AM

The Island does have a couple of shows that aren't on the other ships but in general most are the same and don't change that often. I believe the Island P will be changing over to the shorter 30 minute reduced versions of the longer shows in Sept sometime.

busterboy September 8th, 2012 09:49 PM

Thanks will look forward to the Island Princess and the cruise.

busterboy September 8th, 2012 09:50 PM

Thanks Mike will look forward to sailing on the Island Princess.

busterboy September 8th, 2012 09:51 PM

Thanks why only 30 min shows..love the length of the previous shows...but guess they can handle more people that way but will not be the same.
Maybe they will have a new show or two this time.
Thanks again for the info.

Retrembl October 2nd, 2012 08:02 PM

Yes, We cruised the Island Princess a couple of years ago. San Juan to Acapulco 11 days. The ship is outstanding. We had stateroom B226 a mini-suite. There is a door that leads to the bow just down the hall from our stateroom, and w e were able to sit at watch the locks fill and empty. Great forward view in addition to our own balcony.
Hope this helps
Richard & Nancy

busterboy October 19th, 2012 07:42 PM

Thanks...sounds like a good ship to cruise on. Will look forward to it.

RichC October 23rd, 2012 08:01 AM

We haven been on the Island since 2008 & are booked for Nov. It should prove interesting to see this ship again since the layout is different than all the others. The only thing that I don't like is the fact of the reduced entertainment schedule which seems to be occurring on all their ships but other than that I don't anticipate the Island to be any less in quality or service that the rest of the fleet.

Fern October 23rd, 2012 09:13 PM

Island Princess is our very favorite ship! As another poster mentioned, there are decks at the stern that have wonderful views along with the "normal" places.

The Island Princess is the perfect size for us. Not too small, but also not too large to get around. The ship doesn't have all the "bells and whistles", but we love her :D!

We're booked next year on another Island Princess Alaska cruise :).

Trackypup October 23rd, 2012 09:16 PM

I've been on her twice and on Coral for 17 days last year. Great size ships. Be sure to check out the Bayou Cafe

RichC December 21st, 2012 08:41 AM

We just returned Dec 10 from the Island and found it still to be just as good as it's every been. The food quality & presentation might not be as good as the Emerald or Crown but still quite good. Some selections have been eliminated such as a thick cut veal chop in the DR but there were still plenty of other thing to choose from.
What was a nice touch was the different layouts in the Horizon on different days like a Mongolian buffet, Tapas, dessert buffet, fruit buffet. These are not found on the the other ships.