CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Princess Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/princess-cruise-lines/)
-   -   Return from europe (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/princess-cruise-lines/392517-return-europe.html)

poppadock October 17th, 2012 12:47 PM

Return from europe
 
How many people would like to see a cruise line cruise to europe from florida & return to florida ?

ruthlessboss October 17th, 2012 01:54 PM

I like the concept of it. I can't see paying for a one way, then having to hop an expensive flight back. I'm not one who likes a whole bunch of sea days in a row, but it's food for thought.

poppadock October 17th, 2012 09:16 PM

poppadock
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ruthlessboss (Post 1451298)
I like the concept of it. I can't see paying for a one way, then having to hop an expensive flight back. I'm not one who likes a whole bunch of sea days in a row, but it's food for thought.

Yes the sea days will be many but one can fine enjoyment on sea days. I am a person who do not enjoy flying at all, & yes the concept will be great for people who do not enjoy flying or spending a good amount of money for airfares. Dealing with the air lines is no fun, I hope the cruise lines give this concept some thougth.

Trip October 17th, 2012 11:58 PM

I have a friend that went on our CM, Carnival trans atlantic from Fla... got off in Rome, spent some time in Italy, then, came back to Fla. on Cunard. Ahhh, whatta life!

Granted it was not a round trip, but I agree, there are many I bet who would love the idea.

Fern October 18th, 2012 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trip (Post 1451428)
I have a friend that went on our CM, Carnival trans atlantic from Fla... got off in Rome, spent some time in Italy, then, came back to Fla. on Cunard. Ahhh, whatta life!

Granted it was not a round trip, but I agree, there are many I bet who would love the idea.

That would be us! We've sailed from London to Ft. Lauderdale and loved it!! A round trip (not on Cunard) would be wonderful! I'm NOT a big fan of flying :(.

We can only dream... .

poppadock October 19th, 2012 08:49 PM

poppadock
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fern (Post 1451549)
That would be us! We've sailed from London to Ft. Lauderdale and loved it!! A round trip (not on Cunard) would be wonderful! I'm NOT a big fan of flying :(.

We can only dream... .

Yes let's dream & perhaps one day soon the dream will happen.

SoCalGringo October 20th, 2012 05:02 AM

there is that maasdam (holland america) cruise that leave ft laudersdale (and has a pretty good itinerary) and returns to ft lauderdale--but it's 42 days long, which isn't too much for me--but it may be for some people.

wish i knew how to better navigate the 'systems'. i'd like to take several consecutive trips. i'm stationed in so cali--so maybe panama canal to ft lauderdale--east-coast/canada--maybe some barbados/carribean action--then transatlantic and some mediteranian/n. europe, etc. then transatlantic and back to so cal without getting on a plane. seems like you get a lot more bang for the buck on a cruise than on a plane. save the asian/australia/so pacific for next time. i don't see myself running out of new places to go and see.

i wish there was a good central resource for discounted solo supplement cruises. seems like the same ones have been on vtg for several months. would also be good to have a regular travel amigo/amiga to take the sting out of solo cruising.

poppadock October 22nd, 2012 08:30 PM

poppadock
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by SoCalGringo (Post 1451770)
there is that maasdam (holland america) cruise that leave ft laudersdale (and has a pretty good itinerary) and returns to ft lauderdale--but it's 42 days long, which isn't too much for me--but it may be for some people.

wish i knew how to better navigate the 'systems'. i'd like to take several consecutive trips. i'm stationed in so cali--so maybe panama canal to ft lauderdale--east-coast/canada--maybe some barbados/carribean action--then transatlantic and some mediteranian/n. europe, etc. then transatlantic and back to so cal without getting on a plane. seems like you get a lot more bang for the buck on a cruise than on a plane. save the asian/australia/so pacific for next time. i don't see myself running out of new places to go and see.

i wish there was a good central resource for discounted solo supplement cruises. seems like the same ones have been on vtg for several months. would also be good to have a regular travel amigo/amiga to take the sting out of solo cruising.

Seen like U have traveled a great deal, how many cruises have U taken.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:27 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1