Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 17th, 2012, 12:47 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Return from europe

How many people would like to see a cruise line cruise to europe from florida & return to florida ?
Sponsored Links
Old October 17th, 2012, 01:54 PM
Admiral

I like the concept of it. I can't see paying for a one way, then having to hop an expensive flight back. I'm not one who likes a whole bunch of sea days in a row, but it's food for thought.
Old October 17th, 2012, 09:16 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default poppadock

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruthlessboss View Post
I like the concept of it. I can't see paying for a one way, then having to hop an expensive flight back. I'm not one who likes a whole bunch of sea days in a row, but it's food for thought.
Yes the sea days will be many but one can fine enjoyment on sea days. I am a person who do not enjoy flying at all, & yes the concept will be great for people who do not enjoy flying or spending a good amount of money for airfares. Dealing with the air lines is no fun, I hope the cruise lines give this concept some thougth.
Old October 17th, 2012, 11:58 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

I have a friend that went on our CM, Carnival trans atlantic from Fla... got off in Rome, spent some time in Italy, then, came back to Fla. on Cunard. Ahhh, whatta life!

Granted it was not a round trip, but I agree, there are many I bet who would love the idea.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old October 18th, 2012, 08:19 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
I have a friend that went on our CM, Carnival trans atlantic from Fla... got off in Rome, spent some time in Italy, then, came back to Fla. on Cunard. Ahhh, whatta life!

Granted it was not a round trip, but I agree, there are many I bet who would love the idea.
That would be us! We've sailed from London to Ft. Lauderdale and loved it!! A round trip (not on Cunard) would be wonderful! I'm NOT a big fan of flying .

We can only dream... .

"A truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery on a detour."

Carnival Inspiration 2002 Carnival Elation 2004
Grand Princess 2004 NCL Sun 2005
Sun Princess 2006 NCL Dream 2007
Caribbean Princess 2007 NCL Dawn 2008
Island Princess 2008 Island Princess 2009
Golden Princess 2009 Carnival Conquest 2010
Grand Princess 2010 Island Princess 2011
Grand Princess 2011 Carnival Magic 2012
Carnival Dream 2012 Island Princess 2013
Carnival Magic 2013 Carnival Legend 2014
Sea Princess 2014
Old October 19th, 2012, 08:49 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default poppadock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fern View Post
That would be us! We've sailed from London to Ft. Lauderdale and loved it!! A round trip (not on Cunard) would be wonderful! I'm NOT a big fan of flying .

We can only dream... .
Yes let's dream & perhaps one day soon the dream will happen.
Old October 20th, 2012, 05:02 AM
Familiar Face

there is that maasdam (holland america) cruise that leave ft laudersdale (and has a pretty good itinerary) and returns to ft lauderdale--but it's 42 days long, which isn't too much for me--but it may be for some people.

wish i knew how to better navigate the 'systems'. i'd like to take several consecutive trips. i'm stationed in so cali--so maybe panama canal to ft lauderdale--east-coast/canada--maybe some barbados/carribean action--then transatlantic and some mediteranian/n. europe, etc. then transatlantic and back to so cal without getting on a plane. seems like you get a lot more bang for the buck on a cruise than on a plane. save the asian/australia/so pacific for next time. i don't see myself running out of new places to go and see.

i wish there was a good central resource for discounted solo supplement cruises. seems like the same ones have been on vtg for several months. would also be good to have a regular travel amigo/amiga to take the sting out of solo cruising.
Old October 22nd, 2012, 08:30 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default poppadock

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalGringo View Post
there is that maasdam (holland america) cruise that leave ft laudersdale (and has a pretty good itinerary) and returns to ft lauderdale--but it's 42 days long, which isn't too much for me--but it may be for some people.

wish i knew how to better navigate the 'systems'. i'd like to take several consecutive trips. i'm stationed in so cali--so maybe panama canal to ft lauderdale--east-coast/canada--maybe some barbados/carribean action--then transatlantic and some mediteranian/n. europe, etc. then transatlantic and back to so cal without getting on a plane. seems like you get a lot more bang for the buck on a cruise than on a plane. save the asian/australia/so pacific for next time. i don't see myself running out of new places to go and see.

i wish there was a good central resource for discounted solo supplement cruises. seems like the same ones have been on vtg for several months. would also be good to have a regular travel amigo/amiga to take the sting out of solo cruising.
Seen like U have traveled a great deal, how many cruises have U taken.