Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 18th, 2012, 09:18 PM
Admiral

Default Diamond Princess Beijing to Vancouver May 2/14 -Cancelled

Emergency Email. This cruise was cancelled for Operational Reason.

Any idea's what is an Operational Reason ?

Ships Sailed:

SS Ithaca , Volendam , Mariner of the Seas (x2) , Veendam , Coral Princess , Island Princess (x3) , Emerald Princess,Sapphire Sapphire (x3),Diamond Princess
Sponsored Links
Old October 18th, 2012, 11:59 PM
Admiral

Interesting. They're probably not bringing her to Vancouver for Alaska season. Will be very interesting what she does instead
Old October 19th, 2012, 07:56 AM
Admiral

They have also cancelled all cruises to China for 2014 as well.
I wonder if she going to be stationed Australia all year round.

Ships Sailed:

SS Ithaca , Volendam , Mariner of the Seas (x2) , Veendam , Coral Princess , Island Princess (x3) , Emerald Princess,Sapphire Sapphire (x3),Diamond Princess
Old October 23rd, 2012, 06:18 PM
Admiral

I just heard the Diamond is going into an extensive refit in Mar 2014.
It's expected to be about 2 months long.

Ships Sailed:

Old November 4th, 2012, 05:32 PM
Welcome Newcomer

I believe the Diamond will be in dry dock Oct-Nov 2013 in Singapore. Not sure what's going on in 2014. The Princess site doesn't even show any cruises past February for the Diamond yet.

I did hear a rumor while I was on board her in March that the Diamond and the Sapphire would be trading itineraries, but the rumor came from another passenger and wasn't confirmed by any of the officers on board so not sure how reliable it is.
Old November 4th, 2012, 05:44 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

I supposed there could be any number of reasons for the changed itinaries and cancelled cruises. I am sure they will announce where these ships will be soon, I certainly hope so.

Message Boards Moderator
Old November 9th, 2012, 09:36 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by LVCM View Post
I believe the Diamond will be in dry dock Oct-Nov 2013 in Singapore. Not sure what's going on in 2014. The Princess site doesn't even show any cruises past February for the Diamond yet.

I did hear a rumor while I was on board her in March that the Diamond and the Sapphire would be trading itineraries, but the rumor came from another passenger and wasn't confirmed by any of the officers on board so not sure how reliable it is.
Was talking to PVP from Princess today. They where told the dry dock has been moved to Mar 2014 . They are expecting it to be in dry dock for about 6 - 8 weeks. No reason was given for the long time instead of the normal 2 weeks. This means she might not be ready for the May 2/14 cruise to Vancouver from Beijing.

Ships Sailed:

Old January 31st, 2013, 06:36 PM
Admiral

Diamond Princess is going to be cruising in japan in summer of 2014 . The Crown is coming to the west coast in 2014.

Ships Sailed: