CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Princess Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/princess-cruise-lines/)
-   -   Oscars on MUTS? (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/princess-cruise-lines/394736-oscars-muts.html)

green_rd February 19th, 2013 02:50 PM

Oscars on MUTS?
 
I'm really not a big Oscars fan, I can read who won later and be satisfied. That said it might be fun to to watch them pool side with a bag of popcorn. Do you think Princess will have them on the MUTS screen? I know they have to pay royalties for things like that so wouldn't be surprised or disappointed if they didn't. I certainly won't be confined to my cabin to watch them.

RichC February 20th, 2013 08:46 AM

It extremely unlikely that Princess would want to pay for viewing the Oscars. I doubt if there would be sufficient fans aboard to warrant it.
They tend to keep showing the same old movies & concretes over & over every month with a few new movies thrown in occasionally to keep the crowd reasonably happy. On any cruise I'm fortunate to catch 1 or 2 movies we haven't seen previously. As far a special events go they seem to limit it only to Superbowl. :-|

green_rd February 20th, 2013 10:31 AM

Thanks Rich

Our previous Princess cruise was in the Med during the World Cup. They had several matches on the MUTS and in other venues.

Lakers Fan February 20th, 2013 12:04 PM

I would think that if people want to view the Oscars broadcast there should be a way of them doing so.

You could always tape the show prior to the cruise .

RichC February 20th, 2013 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by green_rd (Post 1465138)
Thanks Rich

Our previous Princess cruise was in the Med during the World Cup. They had several matches on the MUTS and in other venues.

With soccer being a popular in Europe it's understandable they broadcast it on MUTS but I would think that the Oscars wouldn't be.
Was it crowded during the games?
I wouldn't be interested in either event.

My wife dragged me to the Royal wedding one time & there must have been 1/2 the seats filled but that was at 5 AM & on a port day when most people were interesting in touring. They also rebroadcast it again the same day when all the people had returned in the afternoon.

green_rd February 21st, 2013 08:59 AM

We watched the second half of US-UK in the dance club, right after dinner. It was pretty crowded and well represented for both teams. I remember walking on the Lido during an Italy game, not sure how many were paying attention. We had a big Spanish contingent though their games were not on the big screen.

If something on TV were so important to me that I would be upset not to see it, I would just stay at home or record it. I've never understood the people complaining because the couldn't watch X Y or Z.

RichC February 21st, 2013 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by green_rd (Post 1465239)
We watched the second half of US-UK in the dance club, right after dinner. It was pretty crowded and well represented for both teams. I remember walking on the Lido during an Italy game, not sure how many were paying attention. We had a big Spanish contingent though their games were not on the big screen.

If something on TV were so important to me that I would be upset not to see it, I would just stay at home or record it. I've never understood the people complaining because the couldn't watch X Y or Z.

Especially when with today's technology you can either record it on a DVR or watch it stored on the providers computer for a month or so. We were gone on a cruise for almost a month & I didn't miss anything.

Trip February 21st, 2013 09:32 AM

If they did have it, I would bet that it would be mostly women up there, wanting to see the clothes:)

RichC February 21st, 2013 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trip (Post 1465249)
If they did have it, I would bet that it would be mostly women up there, wanting to see the clothes:)

I didn't realize you knew my wife. :p

RichC February 26th, 2013 08:52 PM

Does anyone know if the Oscars were broadcast on MUTS or not? :confused:

green_rd March 3rd, 2013 10:29 AM

No Oscars, just the standard movie/concert rotation.

PeterC March 4th, 2013 01:25 PM

Friends were on the Golden Princess on the hawaii 14 day round trip cruise and they did show the Awards on MUTS. It was really cold out however and they found it was being shown inside somewhere so they moved on to the warmer confines.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:33 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1