CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Princess Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/princess-cruise-lines/)
-   -   Is Sanctuary on Star Princess worth extra charge? (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/princess-cruise-lines/394869-sanctuary-star-princess-worth-extra-charge.html)

gladiatrix February 28th, 2013 02:20 PM

Is Sanctuary on Star Princess worth extra charge?

I wondered if it was worthwhile paying for the Sanctuary on the Star Princess?
It seems like they are giving you some goodies but all you are getting is isolation from the crowd. I was also wondering about access to pool and hot tubs. Anyone have any insights on this subject. Sure would appreciate help since I may want to spend some time in the Sanctuary.

BernieG February 28th, 2013 03:46 PM

I haven't specifically been in the one on the Star but have been in a few of them. We enjoy it. Don't do it everyday but we pick a day or a morning and just relax. They're lovely padded lounge chairs, very attentive service and QUIET :) As for pool, on most ships it's located at the front just above the spa pool so you're only a couple of steps away from that pool and it's two hot tubs. Island and Coral have a private pool at the back of the ship in the Sanctuary.

RichC March 1st, 2013 07:44 AM

We don't consider booking the Sanctuary only because we can find sufficient peace & quiet elsewhere on the ship. It is a nice but pricey option if cost is no factor, but we'd rather spend our dollars elsewhere especially if it's not required.

green_rd March 3rd, 2013 09:28 AM

Royal will have an even more extensive Sactuary area. It must be working for Princess though I doubt I'll ever use it. I guess I must be amongst the unwashed others try to get away from.

RichC March 3rd, 2013 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by green_rd (Post 1466140)
Royal will have an even more extensive Sactuary area. It must be working for Princess though I doubt I'll ever use it. I guess I must be amongst the unwashed others try to get away from.

The only thing I don't like is that they keep taking away space from the other cruisers for Sanctuary use only- like on the Island & Coral where the pool is for Sanctuary patrons only. I think the Royal is going to be set up that way also if I'm not mistaken.

BernieG March 3rd, 2013 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichC (Post 1466155)
The only thing I don't like is that they keep taking away space from the other cruisers for Sanctuary use only- like on the Island & Coral where the pool is for Sanctuary patrons only. I think the Royal is going to be set up that way also if I'm not mistaken.

The retreat pool on Royal will be just outside the Sanctuary. It's just an adult pool, not restricted to Sanctuary guests.

RichC March 3rd, 2013 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BernieG (Post 1466184)
The retreat pool on Royal will be just outside the Sanctuary. It's just an adult pool, not restricted to Sanctuary guests.

That's one small consolation. :D

PeggyD March 10th, 2013 07:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gladiatrix (Post 1465851)
I wondered if it was worthwhile paying for the Sanctuary on the Star Princess?
It seems like they are giving you some goodies but all you are getting is isolation from the crowd. I was also wondering about access to pool and hot tubs. Anyone have any insights on this subject. Sure would appreciate help since I may want to spend some time in the Sanctuary.

I wouldnt worry about paying for the sanctuary. There is plenty of space for peace and quiet and pools and hot tubs are not crowded. PeggyD

gladiatrix March 10th, 2013 03:23 PM

Thank you for the input. One small question concerning access to spa and health club from the Sanctuary. Does the fee cover spa and health club for the day?