Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 28th, 2013, 02:20 PM
Familiar Face

Default Is Sanctuary on Star Princess worth extra charge?

I wondered if it was worthwhile paying for the Sanctuary on the Star Princess?
It seems like they are giving you some goodies but all you are getting is isolation from the crowd. I was also wondering about access to pool and hot tubs. Anyone have any insights on this subject. Sure would appreciate help since I may want to spend some time in the Sanctuary.
Sponsored Links
Old February 28th, 2013, 03:46 PM
Cruise Maniac

I haven't specifically been in the one on the Star but have been in a few of them. We enjoy it. Don't do it everyday but we pick a day or a morning and just relax. They're lovely padded lounge chairs, very attentive service and QUIET As for pool, on most ships it's located at the front just above the spa pool so you're only a couple of steps away from that pool and it's two hot tubs. Island and Coral have a private pool at the back of the ship in the Sanctuary.
Old March 1st, 2013, 07:44 AM
First Mate

We don't consider booking the Sanctuary only because we can find sufficient peace & quiet elsewhere on the ship. It is a nice but pricey option if cost is no factor, but we'd rather spend our dollars elsewhere especially if it's not required.
Old March 3rd, 2013, 09:28 AM
Admiral

Royal will have an even more extensive Sactuary area. It must be working for Princess though I doubt I'll ever use it. I guess I must be amongst the unwashed others try to get away from.

A Bad Day At Sea [with power] Always Beats A Good Day At Work
Carnival: Glory 2004, Destiny 2008, Splendor 2009, Freedom 2011, Valor 2012, Dream 2013
Celebrity: Summit 2011
Princess: Ruby 2010, 2014, Caribbean 2013, Coral 2014
Old March 3rd, 2013, 10:21 AM
First Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_rd View Post
Royal will have an even more extensive Sactuary area. It must be working for Princess though I doubt I'll ever use it. I guess I must be amongst the unwashed others try to get away from.
The only thing I don't like is that they keep taking away space from the other cruisers for Sanctuary use only- like on the Island & Coral where the pool is for Sanctuary patrons only. I think the Royal is going to be set up that way also if I'm not mistaken.
Old March 3rd, 2013, 12:03 PM
Cruise Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichC View Post
The only thing I don't like is that they keep taking away space from the other cruisers for Sanctuary use only- like on the Island & Coral where the pool is for Sanctuary patrons only. I think the Royal is going to be set up that way also if I'm not mistaken.
The retreat pool on Royal will be just outside the Sanctuary. It's just an adult pool, not restricted to Sanctuary guests.
Old March 3rd, 2013, 12:28 PM
First Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by BernieG View Post
The retreat pool on Royal will be just outside the Sanctuary. It's just an adult pool, not restricted to Sanctuary guests.
That's one small consolation.
Old March 10th, 2013, 07:44 AM
Familiar Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by gladiatrix View Post
I wondered if it was worthwhile paying for the Sanctuary on the Star Princess?
It seems like they are giving you some goodies but all you are getting is isolation from the crowd. I was also wondering about access to pool and hot tubs. Anyone have any insights on this subject. Sure would appreciate help since I may want to spend some time in the Sanctuary.
I wouldnt worry about paying for the sanctuary. There is plenty of space for peace and quiet and pools and hot tubs are not crowded. PeggyD
Old March 10th, 2013, 03:23 PM
Familiar Face

Thank you for the input. One small question concerning access to spa and health club from the Sanctuary. Does the fee cover spa and health club for the day?