CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Princess Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/princess-cruise-lines/)
-   -   Paper Cruise Luggage Tags (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/princess-cruise-lines/394910-paper-cruise-luggage-tags.html)

BeckyC March 2nd, 2013 04:54 PM

Paper Cruise Luggage Tags

Hi,

We're sailing tomorrow on the Ruby! In the past either we've had 'sticky' luggage tags to be adhered before we get to port. Last year we got upgraded and had to have new ones issued at the pier. Can't remember the process on that. So this year we have the paper luggage tags that are suppose to be stapled on before we get to the pier. Are we suppose to bring a stapler or will the cab driver or porters have staplers that we can use. What do others do?

Thanks.

Becky

valtime March 2nd, 2013 05:51 PM

Fold them as directed on the ones you print out. Just staple them on the handles of your luggage.

BeckyC March 2nd, 2013 06:27 PM

Valtime,
Do you bring your own stapler?

valtime March 3rd, 2013 08:07 AM

You can attach them at home around the handle of your luggage. Did you print out your tags? Other option is to have the porter at the pier make you one and he will attach that.

green_rd March 3rd, 2013 10:24 AM

We actually do bring a stapler or packing tape. Just unpacked mine

BeckyC March 11th, 2013 10:42 AM

We ended up packing a mini-stapler in our carry-on and used it - it worked out well.

Mike M March 11th, 2013 02:08 PM

Before I leave for the cruise, I fold the tags and then "laminate" them using clear packing tape. I then fold them over and use a hole punch at the end of the tag. When I get to the port or the pre-cruise hotel, I just put the tag around the handle of the luggage and secure it with a cable tie through the pre-punched hole. Easy and stronger than the old tags.

Take care,
Mike

DeepSpace March 14th, 2013 02:08 AM

Thanks Mike that is a very good idea, we will do that for our Hawaii cruise in April.

aroundTheworld April 7th, 2013 09:57 PM

Mike, just to say, thank you for your great idea about the tags, will use that procedure on my next cruise, which is this month....

Jim

Paul Motter April 9th, 2013 01:23 PM

Mike - that is an EXCELLENT idea. Tip of the month.

I have to say in the process of making all ticketing electronic, these mainstream cruise lines have kind of left a few details unclear - and this is one of them.

Mike - that is a great idea, so you don't have to carry a stapler and those paper tags (which can easily get destroyed in the travel process) stay in tact.

Thanks for mentioning it.

Let me get this straight - you take the paper tags (which are printed on your home printer) and you cover them front & back with clear "packing tape". Then you punch a hole in the end of them.

Then when you get to the pier you unfasten your regular luggage tag (many of them use a thick flexible rubber band, some have a leather strap) and you add the luggage tags to those fasteners, right?

Mike M April 9th, 2013 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul Motter (Post 1469629)
Mike - that is an EXCELLENT idea. Tip of the month.

I have to say in the process of making all ticketing electronic, these mainstream cruise lines have kind of left a few details unclear - and this is one of them.

Mike - that is a great idea, so you don't have to carry a stapler and those paper tags (which can easily get destroyed in the travel process) stay in tact.

Thanks for mentioning it.

Let me get this straight - you take the paper tags (which are printed on your home printer) and you cover them front & back with clear "packing tape". Then you punch a hole in the end of them.

Then when you get to the pier you unfasten your regular luggage tag (many of them use a thick flexible rubber band, some have a leather strap) and you add the luggage tags to those fasteners, right?

Leave your regular "identification" on your bag. Just put the self laminated tag through the handle and and secure it with a cable tie through the holes you punched at each end.

Take care,
Mike

Paul Motter April 9th, 2013 06:35 PM

Cable ties - great idea - because you can bring them with you.

johnthed0g April 9th, 2013 07:09 PM

We just print them at home fold as directed & staple them to the bag....

artterry April 10th, 2013 02:24 PM

paper luggage tags

Catalogue called" Favors By Serendipity" offer plastic luggage tags that are built to hold ship companies paper luggage tags.
They are well constructed and have a securing tag that goes around the luggage handle. They are very affordable and very s
ecure

Artterry