CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Princess Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/princess-cruise-lines/)
-   -   Kate to "Name" Royal Princess (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/princess-cruise-lines/395475-kate-name-royal-princess.html)

Paul Motter April 9th, 2013 12:16 PM

Kate to "Name" Royal Princess

Kate to "Name" Royal Princess
by Paul Motter

Kate Middleton, wife of Prince William, will be the Godmother in the official naming ceremony, June 13, 2013.

http://www.cruisemates.com/images/CM/home/kate.jpg

Kate Middleton Duchess of Cambridge

Princess Cruises just announced that Her Royal Highness, the former Kate Middleton, wife of Prince William and the Duchess of Cambridge, will officiate at the naming ceremony for the brand new Royal Princess cruise ship - the newest newest and largest Princess cruise ship ever.

The ceremony at which The Duchess will name the ship will take place in Southampton on Thursday, June 13, and will be the highlight of week-long inaugural celebrations to welcome the vessel into service.

The former Kate Middleton became engaged to Prince William, son of former Princess Diana in October, 2010 and they married in April, 2011. She announced that she had become pregnant in December of 2012. The baby is due in July of 2013. The young Duchess should be very close to the birth of her baby during the ceremony.

Princess did not say whether her husband, Prince William, will be in attendance, but considering her condition, it would not be unexpected. The ceremony will take place in Southampton, England, on June 13.

Snoozeman April 9th, 2013 02:04 PM

Great choice and a coup for Princess.

BernieG April 9th, 2013 02:51 PM

Great for Princess, but they didn't get married in October.:oops:

Paul Motter April 9th, 2013 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BernieG (Post 1469649)
Great for Princess, but they didn't get married in October.:oops:

I said they got married in Oct of 2010. Is something wrong (I often write these pieces when I first wake up, being on California time, so I can make errors, I admit!)

BernieG April 9th, 2013 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul Motter (Post 1469652)
I said they got married in Oct of 2010. Is something wrong (I often write these pieces when I first wake up, being on California time, so I can make errors, I admit!)

I believe it was April and 2011 not 2010

Paul Motter April 9th, 2013 03:18 PM

You are right - they were ENGAGED on the October date - thank you. It's been fixed.

Trip April 9th, 2013 04:03 PM

I left for the Media cruise on the Magic, the day they got married 4/29/11 that's how I remember.:)

Perfect choice, for this named ship. Are you going Paul?

storybookcruises.com April 10th, 2013 12:41 PM

And in a related matter, CNN posted this story;

CNN Video - Breaking News Videos from CNN.com

Are you kidding me? This is one of the WORST pieces of 'news' reporting I've ever seen!! Erin Burnett is a disgrace and should be fired as a reporter. The story should be about Kate Middleton and christening a ship, but Erin Burnett turns it into a bashing of Carnival instead. Seriously? This just goes to show how these on-camera people have no idea how to be a true reporter. What a joke!

Pete

Mike M April 10th, 2013 04:27 PM

I hope things turn out better for Princess Kate than the previous Royal Princess' godmother.

Take care,
Mike

BernieG April 10th, 2013 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike M (Post 1469860)
I hope things turn out better for Princess Kate than the previous Royal Princess' godmother.

Take care,
Mike

I think you're referring to the first Royal Princess. The previous Royal Princess had Lorraine Artz as her Godmother who I believe is still alive.