CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (
-   Princess Cruise Lines (
-   -   Will U share with me? (

poppadock May 15th, 2013 03:55 PM

Will U share with me?
I hope to be going on my first Alaskan cruise, looking to take the train tour & the cruise. What kind of money will i be looking at p.p. ?.

RichC May 17th, 2013 08:56 AM

Our train tour was to many years ago to make a comparison but from the prices I've seen on their tours be prepared to spend lot of money.
The price of the cruise is usually affordable sine they'll make it up on tours unless you book them independently but even then they're still very expensive. It's something that most people do once in a lifetime & they take full advantage of it.

Donna May 17th, 2013 09:12 AM

Be sure to check out the air fares, they can be up there as well, especially if you cruise from one port and end up at another one, open jaw flights...

RichC May 17th, 2013 09:38 AM

I forgot about the airfare since we don't normally use it. Being in Florida we mostly do the Caribbean these days & use bus transportation, which is also climbing with increased fuel costs. :-(
I'm surprised that Princess hasn't reinstated their fuel surcharge.

poppadock May 17th, 2013 01:00 PM

poppadock age 101
I thought let me call my T.A. & yes it is a big price. This August for two & 13 days + airfares the cost will be 7,821.21 on princess. Yes a one time vacation & when we go we will enjoy thank U all. ;)