CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Princess Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/princess-cruise-lines/)
-   -   Banana splits on Princess (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/princess-cruise-lines/396838-banana-splits-princess.html)

bonnyprincecharlie June 7th, 2013 05:24 AM

Banana splits on Princess

Recently on cruise to Hawaii whrere ice cream is very expensive I happened to notice on the children's menu banana splits were offered. I had discovered that Disney ship Wonder did the same thing.Banana splits under kid's menu. Now this is not a major thing with me, but I do like banana splits and i wish they would not be hidden in the kids menu.

green_rd June 7th, 2013 11:31 AM

We always go the the free cones. Guess I'm just cheap.

iconic June 7th, 2013 11:41 AM

Disney mickey chocolate bars hidden

You know you always hear about the hidden images of Mickey in the world of Disney. they also hide the Mickey icre cream bar in the kids menu. Now this is an unbelievable treat that should not be hidden from chocoholics.

RichC June 8th, 2013 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by green_rd (Post 1475639)
We always go the the free cones. Guess I'm just cheap.

Not any cheaper than me. I cool off their regular coffee during our meal in the Horizon & make my own mix of cream, sugar & their ice milk. It's something like a coffee shake & not to bad. Sometimes I'll even make a large on to take to the show lounge in the evening for the show. :wink:

shazam June 10th, 2013 12:31 PM

Anchovies and ice crem

Now if you really want something great try anchovies and ice cream. It hits the spot when you are watching movies under the stars. Of course not all ships have anchovies, but when you find one you don't only have to have them on your salad or pizza.

RichC June 11th, 2013 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shazam (Post 1475860)
Now if you really want something great try anchovies and ice cream. It hits the spot when you are watching movies under the stars. Of course not all ships have anchovies, but when you find one you don't only have to have them on your salad or pizza.

Hmmmm. Don't know what to make of that post????:roll:
Surely you jest. :p

shycruiser June 14th, 2013 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonnyprincecharlie (Post 1475609)
Recently on cruise to Hawaii whrere ice cream is very expensive I happened to notice on the children's menu banana splits were offered. I had discovered that Disney ship Wonder did the same thing.Banana splits under kid's menu. Now this is not a major thing with me, but I do like banana splits and i wish they would not be hidden in the kids menu.

are you talking about The Volcano on princess cruises? i'm only learning more about the kid's menu myself because this is the first time sailing as a parent. did some research and adults can order from the kid's menu, vice versa or a combo from both.

but everyone is telling me this is a MUST try. for children and adults! :)

RichC June 14th, 2013 12:02 PM

They use mountains if whipped cream trying to make it look impressive.

shycruiser June 14th, 2013 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichC (Post 1476190)
They use mountains if whipped cream trying to make it look impressive.

oh. that's not good. not really into too much cream of any kind.

well, we'll order it one night to just see.

RichC June 16th, 2013 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shycruiser (Post 1476214)
oh. that's not good. not really into too much cream of any kind.

well, we'll order it one night to just see.

That's one thing about Princess...They love to use whipped cream on most of their desserts.