CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Princess Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/princess-cruise-lines/)
-   -   Premier Elite.. (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/princess-cruise-lines/397919-premier-elite.html)

johnthed0g July 16th, 2013 03:12 PM

Premier Elite..

I heard there is an additional level of loyalty tier on Princess called "Premier Elite" anyone heard of it??

RichC July 18th, 2013 05:07 PM

I don't know about that one but I want to be part of the group. Sounds like some extra perks.
What does it take to join?

johnthed0g July 18th, 2013 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichC (Post 1479543)
I don't know about that one but I want to be part of the group. Sounds like some extra perks.
What does it take to join?

Dunno just heard it existed & wondered if any Americans had heard of it..

RichC July 19th, 2013 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnthed0g (Post 1479551)
Dunno just heard it existed & wondered if any Americans had heard of it..

Since they've recently added a new lower level I questioned the circle host about another upper level in April. She said they didn't plan anything at this time & I should contact Princess about my concern. :rolleyes:
The way I see it is that there are so many people at the top right now, sooner of later they'll almost be forced to create another upper category especially since they've introduced many short cruises here in the US. People will be making Elite much sooner than past years & just being Elite will mean nothing as in the past.
The new lower level was introduced in order to spur those people to cruise more often to get a few more benefits as opposed to the upper level where they would have to create new benefits that would cost them something and those people cruise much more often without any incentive.
It's a shame that they can't at least offer another special disembarkation lounge to the highest levels. :-( What would that cost them?

johnthed0g July 20th, 2013 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichC (Post 1479576)
Since they've recently added a new lower level I questioned the circle host about another upper level in April. She said they didn't plan anything at this time & I should contact Princess about my concern. :rolleyes:
The way I see it is that there are so many people at the top right now, sooner of later they'll almost be forced to create another upper category especially since they've introduced many short cruises here in the US. People will be making Elite much sooner than past years & just being Elite will mean nothing as in the past.
The new lower level was introduced in order to spur those people to cruise more often to get a few more benefits as opposed to the upper level where they would have to create new benefits that would cost them something and those people cruise much more often without any incentive.
It's a shame that they can't at least offer another special disembarkation lounge to the highest levels. :-( What would that cost them?

Invitation only I heard..

RichC July 20th, 2013 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnthed0g (Post 1479680)
Invitation only I heard..

Wow- That's a new twist in things.
I doubt they would want a nobody like myself and I'm not sure I would even want to be part of such a group even if I were invited. :p