CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Princess Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/princess-cruise-lines/)
-   -   Grand Princess Adult Pool/Spa area question (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/princess-cruise-lines/402532-grand-princess-adult-pool-spa-area-question.html)

M n O June 8th, 2014 08:35 PM

Grand Princess Adult Pool/Spa area question

Is there a fee to use the Adult Pool area on the Grand Princess?
I believe it is called The Sanctuary.
Thanks,
M n O

kandajones June 9th, 2014 02:38 AM

Hi there, and yes :o( there is a fee for the Sanctuary, I can't remember for certain but the figure of $15 per day comes to mind.
They do sell longer term passes as well, and I have it in mind that days in port were less than days at sea.

Having said all that, the last time we were on Grand, the "never-ending" pool below the sanctuary & it's two whirlpools were still free :o)
It was a nice quiet area albeit shaded around the pool, so the bench seating that steps up/down to is was in use for sunbathing.

Hope this helps,

Alan & Katrina

BernieG June 9th, 2014 11:44 AM

Sanctuary prices have doubled lately. I believe if you're not buying the whole cruise a day is now $40. I think it's discounted to $30 if you reserve it every day. There is no pool attached to the Sanctuary on the Grand but there is the spa pool just outside.

kandajones June 9th, 2014 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BernieG (Post 1501938)
Sanctuary prices have doubled lately. I believe if you're not buying the whole cruise a day is now $40..

:shock: wow that is crazy, we rarely saw anyone using the Sanctuary and at those prices I can't imagine it's going to get any better. For that they really need to include more than just peace, flavoured water, and fruit.
Maybe a free massage with every 3 days booked or such.

I am still surprised that they haven't closed off the pool & started charging for that.

Alan

BernieG June 9th, 2014 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kandajones (Post 1501956)
:shock: wow that is crazy, we rarely saw anyone using the Sanctuary and at those prices I can't imagine it's going to get any better. For that they really need to include more than just peace, flavoured water, and fruit.

I am still surprised that they haven't closed off the pool & started charging for that.

Alan

Don't give them any ideas ;) We were on Celebrity Solstice last month and were very pleasantly surprised at how nice their solarium is and completely free!

RichC June 11th, 2014 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kandajones (Post 1501956)

Alan

It will happen some day. :(