Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Other Cruise Lines > Regent Seven Seas Cruises
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 30th, 2004, 01:47 PM
Beginner

Default LA -FLL QUESTIONS

We are sailing from LA-Fort Lauderdale and would like to know if anyone has done thisand can recommend any excursions. San Diego, Cabo, Acapulco, Huatulco, Puntarenas, Panaman Canal, San Andres Island, Grand Cayman these are the ports and would appreciate any input. If you know of any private guides or have taken RSSC tours please let me know.
Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old March 19th, 2004, 11:46 PM
bmct

Default Re: LA -FLL QUESTIONS

In the Canal, three in our party took the helicopter tour, felt it was worth every penny.
You fly over quite a bit of the isthmus and canal area, jungle, and beaches. One of the party was 90, and she still talks about it.

We did the boat trip to the 7 bays in Huatulco. It was advertised as being a luxury
boat, but somehow the boat owner " forgot " his commitment to us, chartered the boat to Princess. RSSC put us on another tour boat, offered free cancellations to any who didn't want to go, and the rest of us got an apology and 30% rebate. Even though it wasn't deluxe, it was quite nice.

In San Andres, the three rented a cab for sightseeing. It's VERY third world. The car broke down three times between port and downtown, they had to change cabs.

I really enjoyed the stop at the Gatun Yacht Club. RSSC brings in a troupe of young dancers, in the 8-14 age range. There are merchants set up at the yacht club building selling their wares, but the best was the two Indian tribes selling the clothing and
San Blas applique work, and the baskets. We brought home 9 baskets, two platters,
and a mask. If only we had gotten their earlier and brought more money! That was my favorite.

On Grand Cayman, we hired a cab to take us to the Cracked Conch for lunch, and on the way back we detoured thru Hell. The downtown shopping area is a zoo. I think there were 6 ships on port that day.

Enjoy!
Old March 25th, 2004, 04:38 PM
Bob Desdin

Default Re: LA -FLL QUESTIONS

If you've never been to these ports, generally I would recommend a general city tour; I took the jetboat excursion in Acapulco and had a blast; also took the canopy tour in Puerto Vallarta (which I understand is also available in Costa Rica) and this was the experience of a lifetime in a scary "oh my God!" kind of way.