Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Other Cruise Lines > Regent Seven Seas Cruises
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 12th, 2001, 10:22 AM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to jc
Default Air Tahiti Nui economy class

How comfortable or uncomfortable is economy class? I'm flying from LAX to Papeete this fall to board the Paul Gaugin. Should I upgrade to business class?

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old June 14th, 2001, 06:45 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Air Tahiti Nui economy class

We flew on this airline last December. The seats were no worse than other airlines in economy. That means, not quite big enough. Fortunately, the plane was not filled to capacity on the flight to Tahiti and we were able to spread out a bit. Coming back there were no empty seats so we did not have the opportunity to spread out any. This did not bother me too much but my traveling companion had a rough time, mainly because of his weight. We had checked on the first class or business prior to leaving home, but the extra cost was prohibitive.
Old June 18th, 2001, 11:24 PM
Cruise Maniac

Our experience on Air Tahiti Nui was not the best! We were in Business Class.........The plane was packed and the cabin was extremely stuffy. I can only imagine how uncomfortable it must have been in the economy section. I am not sure if it was worth the extra $$$$$ considering how awful, queezy & the nausea my husband experienced. I was fine accept for the warm, stuffy cabin. I must add that we had flown from Newark all day to LAX and had a two hour layover until we boarded for the flight to Tahiti. Once you arrive in the magic land of French Polynesia all the trivia stuff is left behind!!! Enjoy the Paul Gauguin .It is a most magnifcent experience!!!!!!!!!!!
Old June 29th, 2001, 11:37 AM
Passenger

Definately upgrade. We flew Air New Zealand and even in Business Class the flight felt like it was forever.