Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Other Cruise Lines > Regent Seven Seas Cruises
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 2nd, 2001, 07:22 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Radisson Mariner vs. Princess Alaska cruises

I have clients who are interested in going on a 7-day inside passage Alaska cruise next July and they are debating over choosing Princess or the Radisson Mariner. Does anyone have any comparisons to make with the two cruise lines?
Any information is appreciated!

shelley
Welcome Aboard Travel
Sponsored Links
Old August 3rd, 2001, 09:06 AM
Roberto Desdin

Default Re: Radisson Mariner vs. Princess Alaska cruises

Having sailed on the Mariner, I believe you will get larger standard cabins, fewer people on board, more space per passenger, better food, better service. Wine with dinner and gratuities are included. The only area where I think Princess might be better is in the entertainment.
Old August 6th, 2001, 08:54 AM
Passenger

I have sailed on both the cruise lines you mentioned but not on those particular ships. From my experience, I would choose Radisson. Both cruise lines are great, but the little extras that you find on Radisson are worth the extra money. The prior message is correct about the entertainment. We have sailed on 9 different cruise lines and Radisson is my favorite by far. I just do not think that it can be beat. Happy cruising.
Old August 7th, 2001, 01:01 PM
Marti

The Mariner is not going to Alaska next summer, she will be in Europe. The Navigator will be in Alaska next summer and I hear it is wonderful! The Seven Seas cruise line is a wonderful line and everyone I know has loved their service, food, etc. It is top notch. I liked the entertainment on board the Mariner and the amount of activities was perfect. Also, it is really nice going on a smaller ship. I would recommend Radisson Seven Seas to anyone. We are planning on going back to Alaska in 2003. We would go back next year but we have a baby on the way and we are not planning any big trips next year.