Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Other Cruise Lines > Regent Seven Seas Cruises
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 8th, 2001, 08:06 PM
First Mate

Default Scuba in Cozamel and Caymen Islands

My husband is a novice diver. Is he better off booking through the ship or privately?

Concerns are he wants to not be part of a cattle call-too many divers with too few dive masters and cost.

Leaning towards cruise line (Radisson) since he feels:
-Should be a high quality since through the cruise line
-more likely to get him back on time

Thoughts? Advice?
Sponsored Links
Old December 23rd, 2001, 07:24 PM
Captain

Default Re: Scuba in Cozamel and Caymen Islands

In Grand Caymen, the Stingray encounter snorkle is a must! While the stingray area is several miles from land, it's only about waist deep, and the rays are gentle as puppies. Don't do th this area in a glass bottomed boat where you only get to view the rays from the boat, but take an excursion where you get in the water and interact with them. There's some debate on these boards about whether to take the ship's sponsored excrusion or a private one. Either way, Go!
Old December 23rd, 2003, 09:59 AM
juizai

I just came back from Cozumel and we went with http://eagleraydivers.com. Chellie and Antonio are awesome. We did the resort course where we got an intro to Scuba diving. We had 6 people total in our group and Antonio and Bernardo took very good care of us.
Old January 1st, 2004, 08:20 PM
Beginner

Default Re: Scuba in Cozumel and Caymen Islands

We just returned from diving in Cozumel and Cayman while on the Voyager in December. We are certified divers and have dove several times in both locations and prefer Sand Dollar Sports in Cozumel. Their website is sanddollarsports.com. Their email is sds@sanddollarsports.com and their phone is 888-737-6399. We enjoyed diving with Don Foster's in Cayman. Their website is www.donfosters.com, email is dfd@candw.ky and phone is 800-83-DIVER. You can book dives through Radisson prior to sailing and your tickets will be in your room upon embarkation. I have found their operators to be fine and it is nice that they make all the arrangements for equipment. You can always ask who the tour operators are at the tour desk once you board. Of course, it is always nice to book through them in case their is a problem with port arrival or departure time. That way you are guaranteed it will all be handled for you. Cozumel is our favorite place to dive because of the visibility and lots of fish. We also really enjoy Cayman. Hope your husband enjoys.
Susan
Old November 19th, 2004, 07:21 PM
Jona

Going on my first cruise in April. My friend and I really want to swim with dolphins in Cozumel. Should we take the ship's excursion or a private one? Any infomation would be greatly apprecitated. Thanks