Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Other Cruise Lines > Regent Seven Seas Cruises
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 19th, 2002, 08:53 PM
Tom Schaefer

Default Navigator to Alaska

I'm sailing on Sept. 4th for my birthday present. Will this ship (my first time on this line) be stuffy? Is there much attitude on board? I sailed on the Seabourn Sun last November and was not pleased. Ive sailed on up scale and bottom of the barrel and all I need is a nice bed, hot shower, good service...and food (an occasional festive bar man is a plus)....so I'm hoping this ship will be special. Any comments or recommendations on this ship or going to Alaska in September?
Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Old August 9th, 2002, 07:05 PM
Captain

Default Re: Navigator to Alaska

Tom: You are in for a pleasant surprise. This ship has the best rooms at sea. The base room is a 301 sq. ft. outside suite with marble bath, tub and shower stall, walk in closet, and a REAL living room. One step up from there and you get a balcony to go with all this. It's the opposite of "stuffy" or "attitude". You don't need to bring a tie. On two evenings only you'll need a sport coat. The tour of Tracy Arm will probably be the high point of your trip, and it's included and done from the ship. You'll also like the refrigerator and complimentary minibar with free soft drinks and a liter of liquor per person, along with included drinks at dinner and so many other times I actually missed some! You will also enjoy how uncrowd this ship is. Never a line or a crowd. You can read my review of our late June cruise on this ship and itinerary on CruiseCritic.com under the screen name "Dolebludger". Frankly, Radisson is growing a loyal following that won't cruise anything else. It is both elegant AND casual and unpretentious.

Enjoy,
Richard
Old August 11th, 2002, 10:46 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Navigator to Alaska

I have to second what Babe Ruth said. You will love the Navigator. We just returned from our July 31 southbound sailing. I have a review on the cruisecritic website in the Radisson section under the name Uma. We met some wonderful people. Neither the passengers nor crew were in the least "stuffy" or pretentious. The ship is beautiful. Cabins are great. Service couldn't be better. Dress is very casual. As mentioned, you'll only need to wear a sportcoat for the informal nights. On other nights my husband wore a nice sweater or long sleeved shirt. There is always something to do, although I'm sure you'll want to spend alot of time on deck viewing the magnificent scenery. I would imagine your weather will be a bit cooler than ours. Bring binoculars and layers of clothing. Gloves and hats came in handy. And bring lots and lots of film! We took about 15 rolls during our 7 night trip. You will have a terrific time.