Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Other Cruise Lines > Regent Seven Seas Cruises
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 19th, 2002, 04:56 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Mariner

My mom is leaving on Oct 5 from Rome on the 7 days cruise (MAriner) Can anyone tell me if you have to wear a tie and jacket to the formal dinning room. My mom heard that but can't fine any info on the website about the dress code. If there's anything else you think that might be helpful let me know. Will anyone else be on the ship the 5th of october.
Thank you,
Sponsored Links
Old September 28th, 2002, 10:38 AM
Maviro

Default Re: Mariner

Yes, coat and tie is required on formal night, the second night of the cruise. Tuxedos are not necessary. The Mariner is an elegant ship and most people dress for dinner. But tie should ne necessary no more then three times during the week.
Old September 30th, 2002, 02:19 PM
Bob Desdin

Dress codes should be in the information you received along with your cruise tickets. There is usually a mixture of one or two formal nights on a one week cruise, two informal (jacket and tie) and about 3 or 4 casual (no ties and jackets required).
Old October 8th, 2002, 03:44 PM
Bob Desdin

Just received my documents for my October 26th cruise on the Mariner, Nice to Venice. I was pleasantly surprised to see that there are two formal nights, two informal (jackets required but not ties) and the rest are casual. What I find significant is that ties are no longer required for informal nights. Radisson flirts with going more casual.
Old October 28th, 2002, 03:49 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Re: Mariner

we just go home from a Mariner cruise of 14 days, Venice to Nice. On each 7 day segment there was 1 formal, 2 informal and 4 casual. The Signatures dining room is always informal, and the Veranda dining room is always casual. The Compass Rose and the Latitudes go with the flow for the evening. Although I took my tux 10000 miles I only used it on the first leg of the cruise and the last night in Monte Carlo. On the second formal night we had just done 10 hour days touring Rome and Florence back to back and we were too beat to go formal so we just used the Veranda dining room which has great food and wine, that evening there were tuxes mixed among the casual in the dining room. I had gone done earlier to deck six dressed very casually to check my email and I exited the elevator and ran into the Captain and his reception. He shook my hand, introduced himself, and a waiter gave me a glass of champagne and Iwas on my way to the pc terminals.