Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Other Cruise Lines > Regent Seven Seas Cruises
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 23rd, 2003, 02:42 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki
Default CruiseMates Voyager Cruisers

I understand there are 14 cabins already booked for our CruiseMates group cruise aboard the new Seven Seas Voyager. I would love to hear from some of the people booked to join us.

This will be my first Radisson cruise, as well as my first time to the Baltic, so I am getting pretty darned excited. We have sailed Seabourn, so it will be interesting to compare the luxury experiences.

Anyone have any great ideas for private tour guides in St. Petersburg, or some of the other ports where the tours aren't included in the package?

Regards,
Kuki

- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Sponsored Links
Old January 23rd, 2003, 06:29 PM
Kay S.

Default Re: CruiseMates Voyager Cruisers

Kuki,

Chuck and I will be on this one with you. I would love to get information on private St. Pete guides also. Do you know how long it takes to get a visa for Russia?

We have cruised Crystal and this will be our second upscale cruise. I loved the size of the Symphony (our cruise had about 800 passengers) so the Voyager will be even better.

We have good friends who took the Baltic cruise with Crystal and said they loved Stockholm the best. They were so excited that we would have extra time there. Said the city is special.

Are you taking your clubs? lol

Kay
Old January 23rd, 2003, 07:00 PM
Admiral

If you use a ship's tour, you won't need a visa. This also applies when you hire a private guide thru the ship. If you want to go out on your own, a lot of people have recommended a company called Red October.

Here is my experience with Radisson vis a vis shore excursions. This is based solely on my recent trip on the Mariner where we hit 11 Caribbean ports. It is not a profit center for the cruise line. I researched both before and after our cruise and found that Radisson's rates for equivalent excursions were much cheaper than on Carnival, RCI, and Celebrity (searching via their websites and posts on msg boards). In addition, Radisson never crowds you. Instead of filling up one 60 person bus, they will get two busses so people have room to move around. In addition, on the train across panama, Radisson had the dome car while the Carnival Spirit pax that day had the regular car. Still, our excursion was cheaper. When we went to Stingray City, Radisson had a boat that could handle over 100 pax for just 35 of us. All the other boats out there were packed to the gills while we were able to move from sun to shade as we wanted. Also, Radisson chaperones tours in case any problems occur.

I hope this helps. By the way, everyone raves about the one day trip to Moscow. Oh how I wish we could get time off in summer to join you in the Baltics!!!!

"The test of a first rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function."

F Scott Fitzgerald

Seven Seas Voyager (30nts) - Dubai - Cape Town - Nov 14
Old January 24th, 2003, 02:44 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki
Default Re: Re: CruiseMates Voyager Cruisers

Kay... TERRIFIC that you and Chuck are going to sail with us again. With different seating times we didn't see as much of you as we would have liked.
With open seating on Rad we will hopefully even get a chance to dine together.

I've heard from another couple joining us, who sailed with us over New Years last year, on the CruiseMates Golden Princess cruise, who were also great people.

It'll be nice seeing some familiar faces, and of course nice meeting new people.

No doubt we're in for a fantastic time. Once I find some guide information, I'll be sure to pass it on.

Regards,
Kuki

- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old February 4th, 2003, 03:50 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: CruiseMates Voyager Cruisers

Marc,

Where did you find the Radisson shore excursion prices on the internet? I've been on their web site and have never found a published fare for their shore excursions. Please help.

Regards,
Thomas
Old February 4th, 2003, 05:43 PM
Admiral

Thomas:

The Radisson prices were provided in pre-cruise docs and also on the ship. I don't have them with me (since I am on the road) but can provide next weekend if you are interested.

marc