Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Other Cruise Lines > Regent Seven Seas Cruises
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 8th, 2003, 05:57 PM
anniel

Default Country casual Dress on Voyager

We will be on a 4 night cruise on Radisson Voyager in March. It is just a settling in cruise before it begins its' season proper. My main concern is that the dress is "country casual" with no mention of any formal nights.

Is country casual the same as informal dress...if so we expect that my husband should wear a jacket and tie to dinner. I have been on many cruises but dress was always described as casual, informal and formal. I generally wear smart jackets and trousers on informal nights or a dark dress with a similar jacket.

The ship sounds wonderful and we feel lucky to have been offered the chance to be on the cruise.

Would welcome any advice you can give and I will be sure to write a review when we get home to UK.
Sponsored Links
Old February 8th, 2003, 08:36 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Country casual Dress on Voyager

Country club casual is generally coat optional. AT least that is how Radisson has described it for Alaska, Tahiti, and Bermuda (where the entire cruise is CCC). I would take a sports coat and pack along a tie just in case the men do dress up more than necessary.

"The test of a first rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function."

F Scott Fitzgerald

Seven Seas Voyager (30nts) - Dubai - Cape Town - Nov 14
Old February 14th, 2003, 02:59 PM
DAVID TEMPLAR

Default Re: Re: Country casual Dress on Voyager

hi iam going on 4nighter too from naples to nice.iam also confused by this new term.iam taking my mum on her 1st cruise as my dad just recently passed away what dress for lady would be appropiate? i live in london

crown dynasty
costa victoria
golden princess
ms disko
albatros
legend of the seas
splendour of the seas
melody
seabourn sun
seabourn pride
nieuw amsterdam
song of america
caronia
the world
norwegian dawn
seven seas voyager
Old February 17th, 2003, 10:48 AM
Anniel

Default Re: Re: Re: Country casual Dress on Voyager

I am a "mature " woman. For days I shall wear casual trousers, tops and maybe a cardigan. At night, I tend to wear black trousers and top with a smart jacket. As it is only 4 nights it should not present a problem. I find I always pack too much, but when we get off the ship we are staying in Nice for another week and flying home Easyjet ..a bit of a come down after Radisson!

I tend to adopt informal every night unless it is formal..but on this cruise there are no formal nights at all, so packing is not a problem.

I take walking shoes/trainers for shore visits and a light rain jacket , one that keeps the wind out as it may not be very warm in March.

We also live in London and are flying to Naples from Gatwick.

Who did you book with? We are with "cruisesandvoyages.co.uk" We find the owner, Wayne Frieslander very helpful. He will be on the cruise. I expect there will be a lot of cruise sales experts on it!

We have a guaranteed D grade, but no Suite number yet. We had hoped to get a penthouse suite, but did not manage it!.

Tell your mum to email me if she she thinks I can help her.