Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Other Cruise Lines > Regent Seven Seas Cruises
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 18th, 2003, 08:01 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default What to wear for dinner???

Although my wife & I have been on many cruises, the last three were on the Windsurf. We have been spoiled with their casual attire. With that in mind, and knowing that I will not be packing a tuxedo, how many nights should I expect to wear a tie on a 7 night cruise?

Any comments would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Jim
Sponsored Links
Old May 19th, 2003, 07:16 AM
Gary Karschnick

Default Re: What to wear for dinner???

If you are on the Paul Gaugain, leave your tie at home. On all the other ships, you can expect 2 formal nights (Tuxedo or dark suit and tie) per week.
Old May 19th, 2003, 07:19 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Re: What to wear for dinner???

Thanks Gary - - - we will be on the new Voyager. Other than the two formal nights, do you think I can get by with a jacket and NO TIE the rest of the week?
Old May 19th, 2003, 04:24 PM
bobbybey

Default Re: Re: Re: What to wear for dinner???

It all depends on how YOU feel about it. I wore a tie only on the Capt's night, and that with a sport coat and slacks, and never came near a tie again, and that on an 17 night trip. They're not going to say anything (too good manners to do that): the only criterion is if being less formal bothers you. The ladies like to dress, but I don't, and won't. And Radisson is happy with my business.
Old May 20th, 2003, 07:28 AM
Gary Karschnick

Default Re: Re: Re: What to wear for dinner???

You should fit in just fine with a jacket and no tie. A couple of the night, you can leave the jacket in the cabin.
Old May 20th, 2003, 04:03 PM
Admiral

Default Re: What to wear for dinner???

Where is your sailing? If Voyager to Med, I believe only one formal night. Caribbean plan on two. Rest split between informal and casual. I wore a tie on about half of informal nights. I also wore a sports coat on many of the casual nights.

"The test of a first rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function."

F Scott Fitzgerald

Seven Seas Voyager (30nts) - Dubai - Cape Town - Nov 14