Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Other Cruise Lines > Regent Seven Seas Cruises
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 23rd, 2003, 07:21 AM
mary H.

Default radisson diamond what to wear?

Hi out there to all you smarties...

What should I plan on wearing for dinner on the Radisson Diamond? Cruise to the Med. Is it super dressy? Cocktail dress? Ball gown? Slacks and a nice top?

Help???
Sponsored Links
Old August 24th, 2003, 08:57 AM
Gary Karschnick

Default Re: radisson diamond what to wear?

The Diamond is similar to other cruise ships. On Formal nights, tux or dark suit and a gown for the ladies, on Informal nights, sport coat and tie and perhaps a pants suit, and on casual nights, sport shirt and slacks and similar for the ladies. Forgive me, I am a man and I just don't know the appropriate terms. The Diamond is a nice ship. Not as nice as it was with the female wait staff, but a very comfortable ship with good entertainment and lecture staff. It used ti be our favorite ship of 90+ cruises.
Old August 27th, 2003, 11:44 AM
JOANNAPVB

i WILL BE ON CRUISE SEPT 5-19 Diamond - I plan to wear black and navy cocktail pants (pallazzo type - spelling?) and bring severla dressy tips - that is it for me
Old July 6th, 2004, 07:30 PM
Passenger

Hi,

Just got back from a Celebrity cruise to the eastern carribean, unless you really want to, hardly anyone really wore a long dress and tuxes like they tell you too. A nice dress, "cocktail" perhaps even a dressier sun dress for women seemed exceptable. I felt completely overdressed in a long dress and my husband couldn't wait to get out of his suit, especially when you are walking by people still sitting in their bathing suits staring at you. But if you like that kind of attention you can get all dolled up, hair done at the salon and tuxes for the men and you will fit in also. We had no choice, we went with ALL of my in laws!!!

Good luck!

dr-dom
Old July 7th, 2004, 02:46 PM
Jena

I will be on the Diamond next week, 12-19 July in the Med. I am travelling with my 14 year old son.

I am planning to wear dressy sundresses (long) and skirts with sweaters or knit tops for dinner every night. Just try to get a 14 year-old in a tux. Laughable. He bought a totally polyester "Chinese Tux" in Chinatown in NYC last month - He's going with that for "formal night". The other nights I will be lucky to get him in a sport coat/tie. I figure there's always room service for him as an option!

Absolutely EVERYONE I've talked to about dressing on a cruise says the cruise line always tries really hard to suggest that people dress up. Hardly anyone does - can you imagine packing and carrying a different outfit for dinner every night? It's just not practical - or necessary. I don't even own a "cocktail dress" or a "pantsuit" - nor do I have any desire to wear either. I will be presentable and comfortable - and other than that... well, everyone will just have to deal with it.
Old July 9th, 2004, 12:24 PM
Captain

Basically, on nights designated as formal, men will be around 50/50 on tuxes and dark suits and ties. Ball gowns and highly formal wear for women is pretty much a thing of the past.

On casual nights, men wear slacks and a nice shirt. Women can actually do the same, or wear casual dresses, etc.

On informal nights, the men do the same as on casual nights, except add a sports jacket (tie OK but not required). Women "accesserize" up their casual dresses.

Radisson is actually a pretty casual line, and many of their cruises have no formal nights at all. So there is no reason to dress above what I've stated.

Thanks,
Richard