Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Other Cruise Lines > Regent Seven Seas Cruises
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 14th, 2003, 11:11 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki
Default My rather FULL report on Seven Seas Voyager is posted

http://www.cruisemates.com/articles/...n/Voyager2.cfm

Above is a link to the Reader Reviews section where my report on our sailing of the Seven Seas Voyager is available. Hope you have some time to spare, if you're going to read it <G>

- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Sponsored Links
Old September 17th, 2003, 01:14 PM
tierram

Default Re: My rather FULL report on Seven Seas Voyager is posted

Kuki, I really enjoyed reading your review of the Voyager. I'm surprised to hear that the Observation Lounge is entirely non-smoking....? Was this just for your particular sailing or permanent?

What type of entertainment takes place in the Observation lounge? We will be traveling in late October with 8 other couples (our 3rd cruise together - some of whom are smokers) and we had decided that we would consider the Observation Lounge to be our meeting area to hook up with each other. Should we chose another meeting area? I have sailed on Radisson before but this will be my first experience on The Voyager.
Old September 18th, 2003, 10:39 AM
Admiral

I'm pretty certain that the Observation Lounge is permanently non smoking. I'd suggest using the Explorers Lounge as a meeting place regardless. It's located right outside of the Compass Rose, and I think has easier access to other dining venues than does the Obeservation Lounge.

Old September 18th, 2003, 12:22 PM
tierram

Default Re: Re: My rather FULL report on Seven Seas Voyager is poste

Thank you Kuki! I think this is a good idea.

What takes place in the Observation Lounge during the day? During the evenings?
Old September 19th, 2003, 07:24 AM
Admiral

Kuki:

Don't you mean Voyager Lounge?

marc
Old September 19th, 2003, 10:50 PM
Admiral

Thanks Marc.. indeed I do. Have to admit, that some of lounges, and even traits of ships can run together in my mind, occasssionally.

Though the cruise lines could make it easier without having so many ships, and lounges with the same names.

Old September 20th, 2003, 06:08 PM
Janmd

Hi Kuki,

It is Jan from the Golden Princess from 11/02, with the Golden Girls! (I am in contact with Ingrid now) I was waiting for your review, since you have been on many cruiseliners. The one thing that I love about Radisson is you don't have to pull out your card all the time for your drinks. And by the way, if you don't see the wine on the list, you can ask for it and they will provide it to you. One thing that I wish Radisson did do was open the door for dinning earilier than 7, but that just gave us the excuse for the 3:00 p.m. room service order for pizza. lol... The other thing that I like is that there is NOT the massive lines for food, and when you get off to do your day trip it is not a mega ship, to fight to get off the ship or to get back on the ship. No real lines. love that. I agree with you re: entertainment with no question, the mega ships have great entertainment. We were on the Navigator to Bermuda over the 4th of July, and everything on the ship was perfect, we are getting used to the smaller ships. And yes, we were also invited to the Captain's table. That was a treat. But we got no photo!! I am glad that you got back okay. How were the ports that you went to??? Great review, sorry to hear about the cabin. It sounds like our cabin on the Golden Princess last Nov. The glass was actually broken in the room from the thrusters. We hated to just pull in and out of the port, I would always have to go up above. So, I hope they are giving you some type of credit for a future cruise. Just a tip. Still have my Canada hat from our party up deck from that cruise with your group. Good job. Jan
Old September 22nd, 2003, 02:45 PM
Admiral

Hi ya Jan..
Glad you enjoyed the read. No question there are big benefits to having a smaller passenger load, and higher space/passenger ratio.
We never did encounter any lines.

I'd definitely like to try this ship again once the repairs are made, and see if my other experiences were the norm.

Old September 22nd, 2003, 07:20 PM
Admiral

Ship is sailing from Athens to Trieste on Wednesday. Scheduled to be out of drydock and all fixed when I board next wednesday!

marc
Old September 24th, 2003, 05:33 PM
Janmd

Kuki,

Hey there, did you ever send a letter to RSSC regarding the vibrations on the ship in the cabin. I do believe you should get a credit for a future cruise what you had to deal with. I am not joking. I have read alot on the RSSC board and most people will send the letter in and they will get a credit. We had a problem with our pre-cruise in New York Citry, and RSSC gave us a credit on it. Just think about it. We will be going on the Mariner over Christmas and I just hope we don't get the vibrations like you did. I know that the Mariner has been pulled into drydock over the same problem.

You did an excellent review. Hope to see you soon.
Jan
Old September 26th, 2003, 09:43 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Re: My rather FULL report on Seven Seas Voyager is poste

Jan
I thought you all did not like the Mariner?? And you going agian??

Michael