Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Other Cruise Lines > Regent Seven Seas Cruises
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 25th, 2004, 07:27 PM
Passenger

Default Mariner cabins

Has anyone stayed on the 10th deck of the Mariner? We are looking at cabins around the area of 1054, 1056, 1058, and are wondering about noise from the pool above those cabins, and whether they are mid-ship enough for someone who is prone to seasickness!
Sponsored Links
Old March 26th, 2004, 09:08 PM
wineasmusic

Default Re: Mariner cabins

We stayed in 1008 which is much further to the front than you are looking. I am very motion sensitive (wear a patch). I only had trouble the 2 nights we had hurricane force winds (Alaska). The ship would rise out of the water and bang back into the sea making a booming sound that echoed thoughout the ship. Being in the middle would have made a difference. Being down two decks I don't think would. The reason I booked so high was due to the dramatic distance differance to the horizon. On a previous cruise the captain said you could see 17 miles further on the Bridge than on the Promenade deck. Being in Alaska, you want to see as far as possible. We brough a good pair of Binoculars which worked out great.
Old March 30th, 2004, 09:17 PM
Cruise Maniac

Yes, I have stayed on Deck 10 and there is little noise. Your cabin is vry well insulated. The only thing I would say about being on deck 10 is if you are prone to motion sickness, the lower floors will have less sway; especially in that season.

There are some great deals on Mariner right now. 2-for-1 specials. If I can help with anything, please let me know.
Old March 30th, 2004, 09:17 PM
Cruise Maniac

Yes, I have stayed on Deck 10 and there is little noise. Your cabin is vry well insulated. The only thing I would say about being on deck 10 is if you are prone to motion sickness, the lower floors will have less sway; especially in that season.

There are some great deals on Mariner right now. 2-for-1 specials. If I can help with anything, please let me know.
Old April 8th, 2004, 12:14 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Mariner cabins

FYI, you will feel the least amount of motion on the lowest passenger deck at mid-ship.

Here's my remedy for sea sickness: eat apples and crackers together, do not drink anything, do not lie down. Go outside (if possible) and look at the horizon. A ship's officer suggested this and it worked like a charm.

Also, take Bonine a day BEFORE the cruise, and then follow the directions. It doesn't work once you're sick.

www.cruisingfromnewyork.com/
Cruise news, bargains, tips and commentary.
Old April 9th, 2004, 08:31 PM
Gatowoman

Hi,

We were just on the Mariner's March 9th sailing. A couple we met on the ship upgraded to deck 10 and did say they could hear some noise. Any particular reason why you want to go on deck 10? We were on deck 7, cat H, no noise or movement problems!!