Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Other Cruise Lines > Regent Seven Seas Cruises
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 1st, 2004, 04:32 PM
sf

Default Voyager dining room

I'm thinking of taking the Voyager next spring to Europe. I've read mixed reviews of the ship from August of 2003. They complained the dining room, both food and service, weren't good. Have they improved? Is it still a problem?
Sponsored Links
Old May 1st, 2004, 10:01 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Voyager dining room

Food is fantastic on Voyager. I have sailed her twice, October and December. The only complaint I remember from the August cruise was about portion size. I never had such a problem.

I especially enjoyed the beef, lamb, and ostich. Caviar is not as omnipresent as in the past (due to cost increses) but is still flowing. Room service is excellen. Where else can you get matzo ball soup and a wonderful filet at 0400.

La Verandah is wonderful for breakfast and lunch. In addition, La Verandah is wonderful as a casual alternative for dinner. Even when I ate in one of the other three restaurants, I often went to La Verandah for flambe for dessert.

Signatures is the best restauant at sea. Enjoy it. I hear Latitudes is changing again. I enjoyed the fix menu both times on Voyager and also on Mariner.

If you have specific dining questions, I will try to answer them.

"The test of a first rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function."

F Scott Fitzgerald

Seven Seas Voyager (30nts) - Dubai - Cape Town - Nov 14
Old May 2nd, 2004, 01:57 AM
sf

Default Re: Re: Voyager dining room

Thanks. Your reply sure makes me feel better.
Old May 2nd, 2004, 08:03 AM
thulewx

I was also on it, over Thanksgiving - Food everywhere was fabulous, especially Signatures. My only "complaint" was that the food at Signatures was sooo good, and the meal so many courses, that I felt too stuffed afterwards to do much of anything - If only that was my worst complaint on any cruise ;-)
Old May 4th, 2004, 01:36 PM
sf

We are taking our daughter and her boyfriend, both 31 years old, on this trip. It's a port intensive itenary, Rome to Balcelona. They are concerned if other passengers are all old like Dad and Mom, and there's nothing for them to do. One reason we are leaning toward Voyager is that it's a big ship with 700 passengers, so we might see some younger people. Would 30-year old be comfortable there? My daughter is quite sophisticated, and her boyfriend is learning.
Old May 4th, 2004, 05:06 PM
Admiral

YES. We were on Voyager Venice to Rome. We had a large group of us 40 somethings. In our "group" we also had a 30-something single female and a 27 year old single male.

Besides, you are on a port intensive itinerary. You won't really be able to fully enjoy the ship anyway (beyond food, service, entertainment, amenities).

"The test of a first rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function."

F Scott Fitzgerald

Seven Seas Voyager (30nts) - Dubai - Cape Town - Nov 14
Old May 28th, 2004, 10:51 AM
Tom Schaefer

Food was wonderful...I agree with Phil on the specialty restaurant......too good.
The lido foo was wonderful as well. Service is superb. This line has now become my favourite having sailed the Navigator and then the Voyager; sailing the Paul Gauguin this Septmeber and already booked the Diamond for Sept 2005.
I know I can reat assured the service will be tops, the dining wonderful...what more can I ask for.
Old May 30th, 2004, 12:42 PM
Captain

We took the Voyager through the Panama Canal last month, and the food and service were outstanding. I have not read any reviews to the contrary.

A bit of advice, though, would be to avoid booking a suite right over the stern, or one too close to this location, due to vibration problems back there. We had a cabin on deck 7 right on the stern (784) and the vibrations were pretty bad when the ship was around 20 knots or over.

Hope this helps,
Richard
Old May 30th, 2004, 09:42 PM
rhondalyssa

I would like to know where is the best seat in the dining room facing a window view....does anyone know?

thanks,
rhonda
Old October 23rd, 2004, 12:29 PM
PaulaJK

We sailed Voyager in Sept' 04 and both food and
service in the DR were quite good. Signatures is
special......and service in the Lido is quite good also.