Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Other Cruise Lines > Regent Seven Seas Cruises
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 21st, 2004, 06:41 PM
Beginner

Default Excursions

My father and I ( he is a very young 85) are sailing on the Mariner in August. We have been with our familyh on Silverseas and Seabourn cruises before but we have always been a group--this will just be the two of us--there are so many excursions--do you have any suggestions-would Juneau oe Skagway be your focus for a helicopter, dog sled excursion--any suggestions??? thanks in advance--jan
Sponsored Links
Old July 11th, 2004, 05:58 PM
capecod

Default Re: Excursions

We loved the helicopter excursion in Juneau, although we chose a walk on the galcier, and my parents did the 4 glacier excursion from the ship. We also did the Tracy Arm excursion that same morning (terrific), and found that we had to hurry to do the next excursion. Eat on the catamaran if you do the Tracy Arm excursion . My parents are somewhat infirm these days, and loved the 4 glacier trip. Ours involved crampons and walking. I have taken my parents dog sledding in years past; it is a lot of fun if your father can manage sitting down low on the sled, and getting up again.