Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Other Cruise Lines > Regent Seven Seas Cruises
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 21st, 2004, 08:50 PM
pisano

Default Suite on say Celebrity or Princess vs. Radisson

Sounds like most folks would say that Radisson is a better quality experience vs.
a NCL, Celebrity or Princess. My question is how would you rate a NCL, Celebrity or Princess suite vs. an entry level Radisson room (which would also be a suite, but work with me here).

Said another way, if you get an equal sized room on another cruise line is the Radisson experience still better and why.

Thank you
Sponsored Links
Old June 22nd, 2004, 06:38 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Suite on say Celebrity or Princess vs. Radisson

Without a doubt!

Tips included
All non alchoholic beverages included
Alchoholic beverages at dinner included
Plenty of other parties where alchohol included
Free bar set up in room
Better food cooked to order
Much better space ratio
Much better staff ratio
No lines
Dine when you want with whom you want
Shore excursion desk is not a profit center
Much smaller ships without the throngs of people
Be treated as a guest, not a customer

Our first Radisson cruise was 19 nights on Mariner. After that experience, we cancelled all other vacation plans, put the timeshare up for sale, and save all vacation days for Radisson cruises. In 18 months, we now have 54 nights on Radisson with another 36 booked.

"The test of a first rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function."

F Scott Fitzgerald

Silversea Silver Explorer (23nts) - Kangerlussuaq, Greenland - Nome, Alaska - Aug 14

Seven Seas Voyager (30nts) - Dubai - Cape Town - Nov 14
Old June 29th, 2004, 08:08 PM
Ginny

Default Re: Re: Suite on say Celebrity or Princess vs. Radisson

Marc,

Wow, I am impressed! That is great that you have been able to cruise so much!

Pisano,

One other thing about Radisson is that, as a general rule, the entry level cabins that you mention in your post are usually the same size as most of the other normal cabins on Radisson's ships. For sure, I know the Mariner's cabins are all the same size and layout, all with balconies, except for the larger penthouse suites up on top. I don't think there is as much differential between cabin styles on Radisson's ships as there may be on other cruise lines.

Ginny
Old June 29th, 2004, 08:16 PM
pisano

Default Thanks Marc and Ginny!

Appreciate the info. Looks like the Seven Seas Navigator is going to be the family
vacation!
Old July 4th, 2004, 04:55 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Re: Suite on say Celebrity or Princess vs. Radisson

Marc:
All those amenities seem nice and I forgot to take the fact that gratuities are included in another post I made, but how do these smaller ships ride the seas? It has been my limited experience with smaller vessals that they are more prone to movement. What can you say about this?
Frank-in-CA
Old July 4th, 2004, 08:53 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Suite on say Celebrity or Princess vs. Radisson

I answered your other post. As for the seas, they have stabilizers like other modern cruise ships. There will be a vibration near the stern on Voyager and Navigator. I went through 60 knot winds on Voyager in Med. She hit the waves hard, just like any ship. I am doing the Voyager for transatlantic this year so will see how she is in open seas.

"The test of a first rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function."

F Scott Fitzgerald

Silversea Silver Explorer (23nts) - Kangerlussuaq, Greenland - Nome, Alaska - Aug 14

Seven Seas Voyager (30nts) - Dubai - Cape Town - Nov 14