Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Other Cruise Lines > Regent Seven Seas Cruises
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 22nd, 2004, 07:43 PM
jww

Default Mariner Age group?

I have never travelled with Radisson before. What is the 'average' age of passengers. Is this ship suitable for children? Are there many single/solo travellers on board?
I am considering using Mariner for an Alaska cruise next year. Many thanks for taking the time to reply to my queries.
Sponsored Links
Old November 21st, 2004, 08:29 AM
ElleninNY

Default Re: Mariner Age group?

We took the Mariner last summer to Alaska and had an extraordinary time. This is probably the only Mariner destination that does attract families with children. From what I could see, the children were happy and well taken care of. There is quite a bit of time at sea to enjoy the ship and the children were not in the way of adults, yet happily occupied.
Old November 25th, 2004, 04:23 PM
Denise Blackmore

Default Re: Mariner Age group?

Dear jww,

Radisson does have a childrens program onboard its ships, however in 2004 they specifically started an education program with children traveling on the Mariner to Alaska. I heard back from clients traveling on this ship last summer and they really enjoyed it.

The programs are designed for ages 5 to 17. They specifically had crafts about native culture in Alaska, learned about geography, wildilife, glaciers, baked cookies of Alaskan animals, whale watching on deck and much more.

Although this ship doesn't have hundreds of kids like other cruise ships do, the program is great and because of it they are attracting young families.

Have fun!

Denise Blackmore, ACC
Old February 8th, 2006, 11:34 AM
Beginner

Have had grandson on RSSC cruises 4 times from Alaska, Baltic, Panama Canal at varying ages from 6 to 11. He has always found friends and the summer programs are great. He thinks the Navigator is his ship...but his first love was the Diamond at Christmas.

He's scheduled for another trip from London to Monte Carlo this summer and can't wait.
Old May 11th, 2006, 12:42 PM
Passenger

Forgive me for asking the same initial question, but what is the average age group on the Mariner? We are going to Alaska in July and am curious if we are going to stand out or not. My wife and I are in our early 40's.

Also, for the "informal dress night" will a dark suit do?

Thanks,

Mark
Big Red Boat July 1988