Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Other Cruise Lines > Regent Seven Seas Cruises
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 15th, 2006, 12:47 AM
Beginner

Default Mistaken Cancellation of Cruise - Any ideas?

Hi,

My husband and reserved a cruise for the end of May on January 13, 2006. We reserved the cabin we wanted in the middle of the ship by paying a premium to get onto a higher deck.

Quite by chance, in looking at our credit card bill in March, we found the money we paid refunded to us less a cancellation fee. I immediately called the travel agent. After a long telephone conversation, they said Regent had cancelled the cruise after a call from someone from the travel agent. The travel agent had no one by the name Regent quoted working there.

In order to get a cabin in the middle of the ship (although not as central as the previous one), I had to immediately pay extra to reserve the new cabin. I expressed my displeasure with this and felt I should be given the new, less desirable cabin at the same price we had previously paid.

I then wrote a letter to both the cruise line (where it appears the mistake was made) and the travel agent. That was two weeks ago and I have not heard back from either one. My husband and I wonder if someone cancelled our reservation so they could get our cabin for their own client.

Any suggestions about what to do next? I don't want this incident to mar our enjoyment of our first cruise. We did a lot of research to pick the cruise line.
Sponsored Links
Old April 24th, 2006, 06:59 PM
Banned
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via Skype™ to Iamboatman

Accidents do happen, but something sounds very odd. In order to cancel or change a booking both a client name and an agency telephone number has to be given. It is highly unlikely that some third party would guess your name and agency...and know that your cabin was the one they wanted.

Also confirmations are sent out when a booking is changed and the fax and email addresses are on record.

I don't think it fair to speak ill of your travel agent without having all of the facts, but I would be looking in that direction. I doubt Regent would be able to tell you want actually happened.