Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Other Cruise Lines > Regent Seven Seas Cruises
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 17th, 2006, 05:57 PM
Passenger

Default What are your opinions of RSSC excursions?

My wife and I are going on the RSSC Mariner Alaska cruise this 7/26 to 8/2. I am curious as to previous cruisers opinion of trips booked through the line vs "local". I am trying to read everything I can find about the line.

Thank you for your input.

Mark
Sponsored Links
Old April 24th, 2006, 06:55 PM
Banned
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via Skype™ to Iamboatman

Overall Regent has much better and more fairly priced excursions than the mass market lines. Dependent on the excursion, though, doing it yourself might well be better.

One Regent excursion you should take is the Tracy Arm catamaran. It can only be booked through Regent. It comes right up to the ship and take about 100 passengers right up to the glaciers. It is a wonderful morning.

Flightseeing and similar is generally less expensive off the ship.
Old April 26th, 2006, 12:55 PM
Passenger

Goldring,

Thanks for ther information about the Tracy Arm trip. One of the excursions we are talking about doing is the dog sled/glacier combo. I'm waiting to see what Regent offers. I've been reading about the one in Juneau and Ketchikan. Any suggestions which is the better tour/site?

Mark
Old May 24th, 2006, 03:59 PM
Beginner

We sailed to Alaska (a group of 8 Europeans) in 2004. We enjoyed all the excursions we took. Some, however, we outstanding, others just nice! For example - the catamaran cruise of the Tracy Arm was incredible. The White Pass Railway was average...but we all live in Switzerland so maybe the scenery, which was lovely, didn't impress us as much as those from "flat lands"!!
I think RSSC does a good job with its excursions and the prices are fair.