Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Other Cruise Lines > Regent Seven Seas Cruises
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 29th, 2006, 05:48 PM
Beginner

Default Packing for Mariner 10/4 cruise

Hi,
We are on the 10/4 sailing of Mariner (Tokyo to Hong Kong) and would appreciate any feedback from someone who has done this trip. Looking for suggestions on what to pack, i.e. warmer clothes? shorts?
Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old August 5th, 2006, 09:34 PM
Beginner

Default Re: Packing for Mariner 10/4 cruise

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccs1829
Hi,
We are on the 10/4 sailing of Mariner (Tokyo to Hong Kong) and would appreciate any feedback from someone who has done this trip. Looking for suggestions on what to pack, i.e. warmer clothes? shorts?
Thanks!
Hi, I am sailing 10/4 as well. I haven't done this cruise but the weather looks to be about 73-75 during the day. Like London weather. I like comfortable pants with stretch, good walking shoes, and a light weight cottony shirt (or tee if you aren't too old or heavy),and some sort of sport jacket to throw on in case we go in someplace nice. Cooler weather for the terra cotta soldiers, rain jacket and sweater weather, and hot hot in Hong Kong. Lighter weight pants and tops, but covered up. I would bring shorts if you want on the ship, but crops would be as far as I would go on land. So, basically just a bunch of sportswear that you like and are comfortable in.

But what the heck is country club casual? Is that skirts only, or are slacks outfits okay.
Old August 6th, 2006, 09:32 AM
Beginner

Hi Annie,
Thanks for the info. It's always challenging to pack the right clothes for the weather when traveling in several climate zones!
We've traveled on Radisson/Regent several times before. "Country Club Casual" translates to nicer sports clothes, i.e. polo & khakis/nice cargo shorts, bermudas/capris, nicer t-shirts/blouses, sundresses, casual skirts, etc. (Think "Classic"). Cut-offs, overly-revealing halters/tops, too-short shorts, or scruffy jeans aren't considered appropriate.
Country Club casual will also be worn several nights on the cruise.
"Informal" nights call for jackets (no tie) for the men over slacks/dressy khakis, and nice pantsuits, skirt and top, or dress for women.
Formal is tuxedo/dark suit for men, and anything from cocktail dresses to ball gowns for the ladies.
Are you doing any pre-cruise or post-cruise land excursions?
Old August 8th, 2006, 10:56 AM
Passenger

Having just come off the Mariner almost a week ago, I can honestly say I am jealous of you .

As for country club casual, for the women either a pants outfit or blouse and skirt is fine. We were gone for one week only and following the suggestions here, my wife brought 2 pair of slacks and 3 or 4 blouses to do a mix and match. She also did laundry onboard the ship one evening. The only bad thing with that was the dryer took forever.

Mark
Big Red Boat July 1988
Old August 11th, 2006, 03:49 PM
Beginner

Default shore excursions

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccs1829
Hi Annie,
Thanks for the info. It's always challenging to pack the right clothes for the weather when traveling in several climate zones!
We've traveled on Radisson/Regent several times before. "Country Club Casual" translates to nicer sports clothes, i.e. polo & khakis/nice cargo shorts, bermudas/capris, nicer t-shirts/blouses, sundresses, casual skirts, etc. (Think "Classic"). Cut-offs, overly-revealing halters/tops, too-short shorts, or scruffy jeans aren't considered appropriate.
Country Club casual will also be worn several nights on the cruise.
"Informal" nights call for jackets (no tie) for the men over slacks/dressy khakis, and nice pantsuits, skirt and top, or dress for women.
Formal is tuxedo/dark suit for men, and anything from cocktail dresses to ball gowns for the ladies.
Are you doing any pre-cruise or post-cruise land excursions?
Old August 11th, 2006, 03:56 PM
Beginner

We are coming into Tokyo just one day before, and won't have time to do a whole lot except catch up from the lag from Florida. My husband wants to go to the Sony Building Ginza. I am hoping to at least get the city tour. Wish we had more time, but thats the best flights we could get.

Hong Kong we are staying 2 days at the Penninsula. I think we will take a tour one day, but I really want to shop.

I am on a waiting list for Terra Cotta Soldiers. Is anyone else having this problem?