Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Other Cruise Lines > Regent Seven Seas Cruises
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 23rd, 2006, 04:16 PM
Beginner

Default Regent Navigator

We are booked on the Regent Navigator this Feb for an 11 night cruise. I just happened to read a very ghastly review posted on another board about a very negative exerience on a Baltic cruise with this vessel just last June. Does anyone have recent experience? Most of the on-line reviews are pretty dated. This individaul had problems with running water, carpets, etc. and described a very dated ship. Very disconcerting since it is not at all inexpensive.
Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Old September 24th, 2006, 07:59 PM
Admiral

Alan, it has been a couple of years since I have been on the Navigator and she was wonderful at that time. If you want a lot of recent reviews on the Seven Seas Navigator you can find them here:

http://www.luxurycruisetalk.com/cgi-...ultimatebb.cgi

"The test of a first rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function."

F Scott Fitzgerald

Silversea Silver Explorer (23nts) - Kangerlussuaq, Greenland - Nome, Alaska - Aug 14

Seven Seas Voyager (30nts) - Dubai - Cape Town - Nov 14
Old September 24th, 2006, 09:09 PM
Beginner

Thanks Marc. That's new site that I hadn't found yet. Looks relevant to the cruises we usually take.
Old September 25th, 2006, 02:19 PM
Passenger

Please be aware that "Luxury Cruise Talk" -- a board created and hosted by a travel agency that specializes in RSSC cruises -- seems to attract RSSC aficionados. From what I can tell, many (if not most) of the individuals who use that site are very enthusiastic and repeat RSSC cruisers. You may not get a very accurate, objective picture there.

There is one other site with message boards that attract a lot of comment on the individual cruise lines and it seems to be a more generalized site about cruising than luxurycruisetalk (I can provide a name if requested). It may have been the one you visited. If you look at the message board on that site, you will, again, find a fair number of "cheerleaders" for RSSC, just as there are cheerleaders for other lines on their message boards. However, you will also find some very perceptive cruisers there and you will certainly find them here.

The chances are that you will find a more complete picture (both the positive and the negative) by looking at both the message board threads and the reader reviews in that site and this one. Of course, try to read the reviews and message threads carefully to try to gauge the objectivity of the various postings.

In any event, while some of them are plainly "sour grapes," it appears to me that there have been a relatively high number of mildly to strongly negative comments about RSSC, in both reader reviews and in message board comments, over the last several years.
Old December 24th, 2007, 04:12 AM
Beginner

Send a message via AIM to DebbieH103 Send a message via MSN to DebbieH103

I was just left Navigator on 12/17. They have installed the new flat screen TVs. The spa was nice with great service (though not terrific prices). I found the ship felt full compared to the larger Voyager, but service was more personal in the restaurants.

I did have some minor issues with my cabin that should have not been there after dry dock, but overall, I really enjoyed the cruise, and they went out of their way to give us good food, good entertainment, and a good time.

I would not want an aft cabin on this cruise. What they say about the vibration back there is true, but I had a very midship cabin and did not experience anything there, only at the lounges.