Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Other Cruise Lines > Regent Seven Seas Cruises
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 20th, 2007, 01:11 PM
Beginner

Send a message via Yahoo to OrlandoPro2007
Default Seven Seas Mariner - June 20, 2007 sailing

I've never been to Alaska and I'm curious about shore excursions. Can anybody help with suggestions for different ports?
Sponsored Links
Old March 28th, 2007, 12:27 PM
Passenger

My wife and I did mostly the walking tour excursions in Alaska. However a few stand out in memory:

1. Dog sledding on the glacier via helicopter. One word sums it up: unforgettable! It was one of the most fun and memorable things we did. We did the one out of Juno that the ship offered.

2. White Pass Railroad. It was an informative ride learning how the miners went over land to the Yukon during the Gold rush. We took the train there, then a bus back where we stopped on the way to go gold panning.

3. The glacier tours in the Tracy Arms strait. A nice way to get up close to the glaciers. THe views are truly magnificent!

4. The lumber jack show in Ketchikan. We didn't get to it, but we keep hearing from others it was a lot of fun.

You'll have a great time. We were initially supposed to go on the Mariner again this year but had to cancel due to a family event. We'll try again next year.

Are you going to spend any time inland?

Mark
Big Red Boat July 1988