Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Other Cruise Lines > Regent Seven Seas Cruises
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 1st, 2008, 07:09 PM
Beginner

Default Regent ship updates

It looks like no one has been posting for a while. Here is the latest that I'm aware of in terms of Regent and their ships.

Mariner: going in for a major drydock in January. Regent has already added a large coffee area where light breakfast and lunches are available (buffet style). There will many upgrades to this ship. Latitudes restaurant will be redone and will become Prime Seven Steakhouse. They are continuing to change bathtub/shower suites to shower only suites (leaving some of the bathtubs, for people that can fit under the low shower).

Voyager: going into drydock in December. A coffee area, similar to the Mariner's will be built. Latitudes will also become Prime Seven Steakhouse.

I don't see when Navigator will be in drydock again. From what I hear, she is in great shape. The only slight change I'm aware of is a change in Portofino's in the evening. The entertainment that bothered many is now a thing of the past.

The Paul Gauguin (leased by Regent through 2009) remains amazingly popular. Rumor has it that Regent is trying to purchase the ship. If the purchase is not successful, it is doubtful that the PG will be managed by Regent beyond December, 2009.

New ship build: According to Regent, it is going forward. The final word will be announced in September. Some travel agents think they know more than Regent executives and predict the ship will not be built or it will be half Oceania and half Regent (a rather interesting image to think about).

Just thought I'd see if we can start a thread or two on Cruisemates. The format is this site is just about purrfect!
Sponsored Links