Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Other Cruise Lines > Regent Seven Seas Cruises
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 20th, 2010, 08:23 AM
Admiral

Cool Will middle age cruisers like Regent

My DW and myself are at a cruise on the Seven Seas Mariner in

Nov 2011 from Rome to Fort Lauderdale. We have cruised on Princess,
HAL and RCI . Would we enjoy being on on Regent Seven Seas.
We are in our 50"s and aren't high activity level types . I suffer with
very bad knees and can't walk very fast or far.

Would appreciate an comments.
thks

Ships Sailed:

SS Ithaca , Volendam , Mariner of the Seas (x2) , Veendam , Coral Princess , Island Princess (x3) , Emerald Princess,Sapphire Sapphire (x3),Diamond Princess
Sponsored Links
Old February 20th, 2010, 10:44 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Yes you sure will ENJOY Regent!!!

If this is your first luxury cruise line experience, you could be left in awe

Service is first rate, and you'll love not having to sign chits all through the cruise.
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old February 20th, 2010, 10:49 AM
Admiral

Smile

Thanks Kuki

I'm asking because seems to few reviews and those are there have a
tendency to be on the negative or down side.

Ships Sailed:

SS Ithaca , Volendam , Mariner of the Seas (x2) , Veendam , Coral Princess , Island Princess (x3) , Emerald Princess,Sapphire Sapphire (x3),Diamond Princess
Old February 20th, 2010, 10:55 AM
Admiral

I have 153 nights on Regent Seven Seas in last seven years. Obviously, it is my favorite cruise line. Most of our friends that we cruise with are in our 40s and 50s although there are both older and younger. We did the transatlantic from Barcelona to Ft Lauderdale on the Seven Seas Voyager in 2004; it was a wonderful trip.

Seven Seas Mariner is my favorite ship. Although the cabins are slightly smaller than Voyager (and don't have separate tub and shower), I much prefer the public spaces.

I have some friends on the Voyager transatlantic in Nov 2011 but don't know anyone currently booked on Mariner. Both cruises are a terrific value when you realize that all food, liquour (except high end), excursions, port taxes, and even air are included in fare.

Please let me know if you have any specific questions.

"The test of a first rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function."

F Scott Fitzgerald

Silversea Silver Explorer (23nts) - Kangerlussuaq, Greenland - Nome, Alaska - Aug 14

Seven Seas Voyager (30nts) - Dubai - Cape Town - Nov 14
Old March 6th, 2010, 06:36 PM
Beginner

You will love RSSC, you can't go wrong. The ships are quiet and romantic with subdued and elegant entertainment.

Just FYI, they had a recent dress code change, it is trending more toward the casual, here's the info:

Daytime Dress Code (until 6 p.m.)
During the day, resort style clothing (including shorts, warm-up suits, jeans and sneakers) is acceptable in all public areas. Bare feet are acceptable only on the Pool Deck. Note: Bathing suits, while acceptable at the Pool Bar and Grill, are not considered appropriate in any indoor venue.

Evening Dress Code (after 6 p.m.)
Two types of dress code have been established for evenings in public areas: Elegant Casual and Formal Optional. The number of Formal Optional nights is dependent upon the length of the cruise, as follows:
• Cruises of fifteen nights or less will be Elegant Casual for the duration
• Cruises of sixteen nights or more will have two Formal Optional nights

Elegant Casual: Skirt, or slacks (no jeans) with blouse or sweater, pant suit or dress for ladies; slacks (no jeans) and collared shirt for gentlemen. Sport jackets are optional. Note: Jeans, T-shirts, baseball caps, shorts, sneakers and bathrobes are not considered appropriate in any public area after 6 p.m.

Formal Optional: While guests are welcome to dress each evening as per the Elegant Casual dress code, during Formal Optional evenings, guests may opt for a more formal choice of clothing including gowns and cocktail dresses for ladies; tuxedos, dinner jackets or dark suit with tie for gentlemen.