Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Other Cruise Lines > River Cruises
Register Forgot Password?

River Cruises River cruises worldwide discussed here

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 4th, 2004, 06:35 PM
wdr

Default river cruise

Has anyone been on a river cruise in Europe and if so from where to where and on what boat (leaving friday).
Sponsored Links
Old October 5th, 2004, 01:36 AM
Passenger

Default Re: river cruise

Old October 5th, 2004, 11:03 AM
Passenger

We've been on two river cruises with Viking: Moscow to St. Petersburg and round-trip Vienna/Black Sea/Vienna. They were wonderful experiences!!! Check out some of the older posts on this Board and on Fodor's Travel Talk for specifics. Where are you going? Is it on Viking?
Old October 6th, 2004, 10:48 AM
Passenger

Viking is building a new ship in Holland , it is called the Viking Sun, for 198 pax, the ship is 132 meter long and this will be the longest ship in the european waterways,
Next year Viking Sun sails between Antwerpen and Basel
Old October 6th, 2004, 02:25 PM
Shirley B

I've enjoyed several: Amsterdam to Budapest, Budapest to the Black Sea, Normandy to Paris, Burgundy to Avignon, Provence...Please send any questions you may have.

Shirley B
Old October 7th, 2004, 10:05 PM
Shirley B

I've sailed Amsterdam to Budapest (Rhine, Main, Danube), Vienna/Black Sea/Budapest (Danube), Moscow to St. Petersburg (Volga, Svir), Normandy to Paris (Seine, Rhone, Saone), Burgundy to Provence (Rhone), Provence (Rhone). Happy to answer questions about any of them! And I have a journal of the Provence cruise which I'd be happy to send you at your request. It will give you a detailed description of what to expect on a river cruise, how it differs from an ocean cruise, etc.

Shirley B
Old November 13th, 2004, 09:05 AM
cattatplay

Default Re: Re: river cruise

I am very excited about taking the Normandy to Paris cruise this spring? Any advice on the best time of year to go. I am a southern girl and I don't want to be too cold on my dream trip to Paris, but I've always heard of "Paris in the Spring" Again, any advice?
Old November 16th, 2004, 06:49 PM
Shirley B

Default Re: Re: Re: river cruise

Dear Cattaplay~~

Late spring/early summer and early fall are perfect times to go to Paris and Normandy! July and August tend to be much too hot.

We completed the back-to-back Viking French river cruises in September...and I loved every minute. It was so wonderful that I'm planning to repeat this cruise experience in 2006!

If you write to me directly (shibin@aol.com), I'll be happy to answer any questions you have. I have some recommendations regarding excursions, too.

Shirley B
Old May 2nd, 2007, 07:55 AM
Beginner

Hi,

Try looking here: Cruises

Archers Direct offer many European cruises.

Hope that helps.