Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Other Cruise Lines > River Cruises
Register Forgot Password?

River Cruises River cruises worldwide discussed here

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 14th, 2005, 03:27 PM
dajett

Default Uniworld vs. Viking Russian River Cruise

Does anyone have comparison information on these two river cruise lines? I am looking at St. Petersburg to Moscow for fall of 2006. Any information you have would be helpful in booking. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Old August 17th, 2005, 01:37 PM
Shirley Binder

Default Re: Uniworld vs. Viking Russian River Cruise

Just read your posting, and it doesn't say what river cruise line you want to compare with Viking:

"Does anyone have comparison information on these two river cruise lines? I am looking at St. Petersburg to Moscow for fall of 2006. Any information you have would be helpful in booking. Thanks"

I might be able to help you if you provide the name of the other line.

Bon voyage,
Shirley B
Old August 17th, 2005, 01:39 PM
Shirley Binder

Default Re: Re: Uniworld vs. Viking Russian River Cruise

Sorry--now I see that you want a comparison between Uniworld and Viking.

Both lines get great reviews, but I have never sailed on Uniworld.

ShirleyB
Old December 19th, 2005, 07:39 PM
Passenger

Default Oh, C'mon

Judging from what you've wrote here, I don't think you understand anything about it.
Old January 9th, 2006, 08:00 PM
Passenger

Default Vantage River Cruises

I would like to know if anyone has taken a Vantage River Cruise. We are looking into one form Budapest to Bucharest in July. Any information would be greatly appreciated. We have never taken a river cruise but have done 18 regular cruises.
Old March 20th, 2006, 10:41 PM
Beginner

Whatever company you use, I am sure you will have a wonderful time - river cruising reminds us of Alaska cruises when you can almost reach out and touch the scenery. We're sold. Good luck deciding - hope others will respond to your inquiry.
Old April 15th, 2006, 11:40 AM
Passenger

Default Iniworld - Holland & Brussels

We just booked our first Uniworld cruise for June 12 to Holland and Brussels. Has anyone done this cruise? Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Old May 9th, 2006, 10:51 AM
Beginner

We sailed with Viking and the trip was fantastic. From talking with other people who sailed with Uniworld, it appears that the main differance was in the food. Viking imports 90% of their food from the west and on our cruise, we had an excellent Austraian chef. (Previously employed on Crystal Cruiselines.) On Uniworld and other cruises in Russia, the food is all Russian and I take it not so great for American tastes. One person told me that all the meals were some kind of "mystery" meat smothered in dark salty gravy. This has been a couple of years ago. Hopefully the situation has improved. You won't go wrong with Viking, however.
Old June 19th, 2008, 01:16 PM
Beginner

Default Re: Uniworld vs. Viking Russian River Cruise

Quote:
Originally Posted by dajett
Does anyone have comparison information on these two river cruise lines? I am looking at St. Petersburg to Moscow for fall of 2006. Any information you have would be helpful in booking. Thanks.
I do know that Uniworld are part of a group that include Milestones and Trafalgar . They might have more information. Hope that helps.